Thread: Gas furnace wiring

Post Likes

Gas furnace wiring

I think the wiring is messed up this gas furnace. Right now when the selector arm is in the "off" position the furnace is off. When you move it to the "on" position the furnace fire up and runs no matter the settings on the thermostat. The set and pilot setting are not important because the pilot is getting gas from before the valve. I would like to be able to leave the selector arm in the "on" position and have the thermostat turn the furnace on and off (like it is supposed to). The photo isn't the best but it should be good enough to diagnose the problem. Red wire is on #1 terminal, Black wire is on #2 terminal and #3 goes to the thermostat only.

Name:  photo 1.jpg
Views: 5297
Size:  41.4 KB

Post Likes
    unfortunately, this is not the site to get answers on rewiring (or correctly wiring) a gas appliance, our rules do not permit us to put online instructions of this sort. it's all spelled out in the rules that you agreed to to join the forum.

you need to call a furnace contractor. any tech can fix this mess in no time.
    The TRUE highest cost system is the system not installed properly...

Find a HVAC-Talk Contractor by clicking here

Click below to BECOME a pro member
    https://hvac-talk.com/vbb/forumdispl...ip-Information

Do you go to a boat repairman with a sinking boat, and tell him to put in a bigger motor when he tells you to fix the holes?

I am yourmrfixit

Post Likes
    That new gas valve was hacked in, and isn't installed right. You have more issues then just a wiring issue. Call a local service company to come out and fix it. Might want a different tech then the one that hacked it in.

Post Likes
    If a picture was all that was needed to diagnose a problem; I would never have to show up to a service call.

just have customer to use paypal and once the deposit showed in my account, they could get the answer.
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by dandyme View Post
    If a picture was all that was needed to diagnose a problem; I would never have to show up to a service call.

just have customer to use paypal and once the deposit showed in my account, they could get the answer.
    Think "FaceTime". Many possibilities.
    Climate Control Solutions for your Home or Office

Serving Northeast Philadelphia and Surrounding Areas

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in