Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 16
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    North Fl
    Posts
    154

    But it was making noise and now it don't

    But it was making noise and now it don't
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    HOW MUCH DID YOU SAY???

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    969
    The noise wasn't bad just got tired of putting it back on the pad.
    Never argue with a crazy man.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    Posts
    75
    Sweat- the blocks used to be at the bottom to prevent that.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Afton, VA / Khorat, Thailand
    Posts
    2,468
    So now that's uh....1002 uses for cinder blocks. I think that has passed duct tape now. I always keep a few in the van.
    Tough times don't last...Tough people do.

    Midnight Sun Astrophotography

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chicagoland Area
    Posts
    4,512
    Cinder blocks are to hold the unit down when the hurricanes hit.
    Officially, Down for the count

    YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

    I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Oh
    Posts
    4,930
    *sigh* another goodman.
    "Better tell the sandman to stay away, because we're gonna be workin on this one all night."

    "Dude, you need more than 2 wires to a condenser to run a 2 stage heatpump."

    "Just get it done son."

    Dad adjusted

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    south jersey
    Posts
    1,096
    HaH, Funny. I put mine up on cynder blocks ten years ago because I planned on refinishing the concrete that it sits on and it is still like that. My wife says it's on the top of the honey do list.
    You need to put the phone down and get back to work!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Coastal Maine
    Posts
    812
    Quote Originally Posted by jnsrose View Post
    HaH, Funny. I put mine up on cynder blocks ten years ago because I planned on refinishing the concrete that it sits on and it is still like that. My wife says it's on the top of the honey do list.
    Funny how the stuff at our own houses always sits unfinished. Half the mechanical systems at my house would qualify for Wall of Shame photos. I just get it going and then run out the door to deal with everybody else's stuff.

    I keep saying that I am going to spend my retirement fixing my own crap that I've ignored for years.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    19
    The very latest in geothermal retrofit technology!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Currently in Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    31
    Maybe the cond fan was mounted upside down and the unit was hovering....?

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    So-Cal
    Posts
    578
    Quote Originally Posted by jchilling View Post
    Maybe the cond fan was mounted upside down and the unit was hovering....?

    LOL....Funny

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    North Fl
    Posts
    154
    Quote Originally Posted by meplumber View Post
    Funny how the stuff at our own houses always sits unfinished. Half the mechanical systems at my house would qualify for Wall of Shame photos. I just get it going and then run out the door to deal with everybody else's stuff.

    I keep saying that I am going to spend my retirement fixing my own crap that I've ignored for years.
    Ain't that the truth!!!
    HOW MUCH DID YOU SAY???

  13. #13
    I LOVE my isopads and tapcons. I'll shoot a few down as well at times, but it's an easy twenty minutes of work and a negotiable price for straight profit. Then sell him a couple of locknuts and insulate the suction line, tape the ends, spray paint it white and collect my money. I'll do that all day long. Funny though, at my house I have three of those lawn sprinkler rings on top of my unit...I WILL get to it one day...Just going to have to find where the slab is under all the leaves branches and muck...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event