Are you for or against the new internet sales tax? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    Does the buyer or seller determine whether sales tax is to be charged?

Oregon and Montana residents shouldn't be taxed then, regardless of where the corporate office is located.
    I'm not sure if it is buyer or seller. If it is seller, I see lots of companies moving.
    Don't worry zombies are looking for brains, you're safe...

Quote Originally Posted by ControlsInMT View Post
    I'm not sure if it is buyer or seller. If it is seller, I see lots of companies moving.
    I believe it is where the sales transaction takes place. So with internet sales, which location presides?

Against. We pay enough taxes already.
    If you can't fix it with JB Weld, Duct Tape, and Ty Wire it has to be replaced.
    No good deed goes unpunished.
    If you want to take off friday to go fishing then make sure you train your helper right.

I believe it is where the sales transaction takes place. So with internet sales, which location presides?
    I think where the buyer lives is what determines the tax. Also the seller has to be doing I believe over a million in sales to be effected by the law. This would certainly include big companies like Amazon. Personally I hate the law. But I understand that it is probably fair. Originally the internet was very small and the tax free advantage helped them grow. Now that they are beyond huge its probably fair that they pay their share. I just wish for once the government wouldn't piss whatever they get away.

You have to pay the tax to the jurisdiction you ship it to. In tax crazy New York, if you shipped it to us you would have to pay sales taxes to both the state of NY and the City of NY.

Quote Originally Posted by Carbon View Post
    You have to pay the tax to the jurisdiction you ship it to. In tax crazy New York, if you shipped it to us you would have to pay sales taxes to both the state of NY and the City of NY.
    That seems fair. Let the buyer pay the tax they are accustomed to.

Like my pastor always said, "If God doesn't require more than 10%, then who is the federal government to require more than 10%?" We are way past 10% and this is just going to be more. They say it will generate 22 billion in revune. Our government spends that in 2.5 days.

Quote Originally Posted by exreo View Post
    Like my pastor always said, "If God doesn't require more than 10%, then who is the federal government to require more than 10%?" We are way past 10% and this is just going to be more. They say it will generate 22 billion in revune. Our government spends that in 2.5 days.
    I don't understand how it can generate money. The crap we used to buy at stores and pay sales tax on we now buy online and pay no tax on. Don't all they want is the sales tax we used to pay?

Maybe I'm missing something here. Are they generating that money from people that do not pay sales tax in their state?

I'd say you'd have to be an idiot to be for it.
    America; first we fight for our freedom,
    then we make laws to take it away.

-Alfred E Newman

I just ordered a new pair of shoes on Amazon (New Balance), and I think I paid sales tax on Amazon for the first time ever. I know the new law isn't in effect yet. When you're on a budget as tnight as mine, you would hate paying internet sales tax too. The real kicker to me is that the new I-820 interstate expansion that goes around the city of Ft. Worth is going to be a toll road. What are we paying sales tax and income taxes for? The great state of Texas huh?

Why should an internet sale be any different than a sale at a check stand? Do you complain to the checker about government pigs every time you pay sales tax?
    Yes...

At some point, the people of this country will figure out just how easy it is not to pay their taxes. Of coarse, that requires a spine and a hefty sack of testicular fortitude...

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...nplYSwUh58958w

Quote Originally Posted by exreo View Post
    I just ordered a new pair of shoes on Amazon (New Balance), and I think I paid sales tax on Amazon for the first time ever.
    Why should buying a pair of shoes on the internet be any different than buying them at a store down the street. You are already getting price. You want no tax too?

If sales tax is unfair then stop paying it at the checkstand.

Alternate thought: Folks who buy equipment on internet sites... will now be paying sales tax...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast