Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Arguing the point why shouldnt internet businesses collect sales taxes is ridiculous. The politicians should be doing everything in their power to lower taxes. Every penny taken in taxes is taking money out of the private sector. Taxes keep people from getting jobs, and providing for their families. I know we need some taxes to operate the government but they fail to use the money they already get responsibly.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

The crazy thing is, the interstate expansion about 100 yards away from my apartment hotel (I-820 in Ft. Worth) is going to be a toll road. There are toll roads everywhere in the DFW area now. Think what the tax rates were when they built out the huge interstate system in America during the 1950's and 1960's. Tax rates were much lower and there were very few interstate toll roads. This country is in trouble.

They can tax internet sales if they get rid of all the government pigs.
    My name is TooCoolforschool and I am a chronic over charger.

Conservatives are gonna yell at me for this... however I think it is a better way to raise taxes than bumping income tax... assuming taxes will be raised... which I think is a given unless we conservatives get a lot more noisy than we have been.

Consumption taxes are voluntary... means if I save and not buy toys... I do not pay tax. Similar to the alternative tax ideas floating around for decades... they are mostly consumption taxes. BTW: Consumption taxes promotes savings... which is proven to strengthen economies.

Personally, I prefer to do business with local folks. This tax will level the playing field a little... and since most of the BIG online retailers (Amazon, TigerDirect, etc) have branches in GA, I have to pay sales tax on orders to them anyway.

What we need to do is GET INVOLVED in govt... then we can work towards reasonable reduction of waste. Simple little things like refusing online taxes will not do much without a solid front to get rid of spenders and elect thrifty polecats.

Remember: All we have to do to loose our freedom is... nothing.
    What we have to do to regain our freedom is GET INVOLVED. Yeah, it takes time... Is it worth it... you tell me.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by toocoolforschool View Post
    They can tax internet sales if they get rid of all the government pigs.
    Why should an internet sale be any different than a sale at a check stand? Do you complain to the checker about government pigs every time you pay sales tax?

Where do you draw the Brian when it comes to taxation? How much of your money are you allowed to keep?
    "Politicians are the lowest form of life on Earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician"

- General George S. Patton

we already pay federal income tax and state income tax on all the profits made, I have to pay a yearly inventory tax on the product in the store, and heaven forbid we have a good year I have to pay capital gains taxes, I ship via usps to the tune of around $6k a month, have two employees that pay income taxes fica and the whole nine yards, who inturn spend money in the local stores where sales tax are collected, IM TAXED ENOUGH already, but what am I thinking, someone has to fund Obama phones, obamacare food stamps and Medicaid, its kinda like the jerry reed song, they getting the gold mine, we getting the shaft!!!!!!!
    The 2008 NATE TOP TECH!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    Where do you draw the Brian when it comes to taxation? How much of your money are you allowed to keep?
    Again. Do you have a problem paying sales tax at a checkstand?

The ease and bargains of internet sales has hurt the brick and mortar retailers. We use the stores to look at a product and talk to the sales person about it and then go to the internet to make the purchase. Not only are we ripping off the stores but now we want to avoid sales tax too. Where does a fair minded person draw the line?

IMO, every person must strive to be a fair minded person.

Thats nice brian, now answer my question. Where do you draw the line and how much of your money are you allowed to keep?
    "Politicians are the lowest form of life on Earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician"

- General George S. Patton

I think this song sums up how most of us feel

http://youtu.be/gngvwygsZDg
    The 2008 NATE TOP TECH!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    Again. Do you have a problem paying sales tax at a checkstand?

The ease and bargains of internet sales has hurt the brick and mortar retailers. We use the stores to look at a product and talk to the sales person about it and then go to the internet to make the purchase. Not only are we ripping off the stores but now we want to avoid sales tax too. Where does a fair minded person draw the line?

IMO, every person must strive to be a fair minded person.
    So what about us states that don't have a sales tax? All internet business can claim Montana and Oregon as their corporate offices and then there will be no sales tax charged....
    Don't worry zombies are looking for brains, you're safe...

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    Thats nice brian, now answer my question. Where do you draw the line and how much of your money are you allowed to keep?
    It would be foolish to say our tax system is fair, but sales tax (user tax) is the the fairest of any of them. It's also the only tax many people pay, so why eliminate that one?

Quote Originally Posted by ControlsInMT View Post
    So what about us states that don't have a sales tax? All internet business can claim Montana and Oregon as their corporate offices and then there will be no sales tax charged....
    Does the buyer or seller determine whether sales tax is to be charged?

Oregon and Montana residents shouldn't be taxed then, regardless of where the corporate office is located.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast