Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Are you for or against the new internet sales tax?

I'm against it. I think it's just another example of our politicians putting their own interest and the interest of their fat cat friends over our interest. Our interest is to not have to pay sales tax. But, the fat cats that contributed to their campaigns have their reasons for wanting the internet sales tax.

Are you for or against it? Right now I love ordering on Amazon with no sales tax and free shipping. What about you?

I am totally against it, they say it will protect "brick and mortar stores". well my mom has a store, and instore sales are around $500 monthly where her internet sales run over $16k a month, so how is that protecting her. I also do her accounting, there are way too many unanswered questions about it will I have to fill out the tax forms and get the rates from all the states that she sells to? sounds like a big headache to me!!!!!!!!!
    The 2008 NATE TOP TECH!!!!!

More money to go to government fat a$$es so they can push more paper around.
    " Kill a Commie for Mommy! "

- Colonel David Hackworth (1930-2005), Korean War Vet

I am against taxes like the next guy but why should buying something over the internet allow a person to pay no sales tax?

Not all brick and mortar businesses sell over the internet. Selling over the internet allows volume buying discounts passed onto the buyer, ominous shipping and handling charges, and now no sales tax.

If the internet businesses can't handle paying the states the sales tax due, maybe they shouldn't be reaping the benefits of selling in all fifty states.

I am for it.
    If anybody buys from a store, they are expected to pay SALES tax.
    If that same person buys on line, they don't have to pay sales tax? Why not, you bought it, you should pay the SALES tax for THAT jurisdiction/location.
    When this passes, many companies will FLOCK to NO TAX states and the others will sit there and wonder WHY.
    When companies do NOT collect sales tax, the jurisdiction has to collect revenue from some other source, like property taxes. Property taxes are high enough, and they collect them whether you USE their services or not.
    Why not just collect sales tax from those who have money to purchase goods in the first place???
    When you travel to another part of the country, like a vacation, you pay the sales tax for that location, why not the internet???

just my 2 cents.
    Those who dance, appear insane to those who do not hear the music.
    Those who believe, appear ignorant to those who do not know God.

Who would be for more taxes? If you're making the argument that it isn't fair to tax physical business locations and not internet business then i would say that you are crabs in a bucket.

Quote Originally Posted by hvacman14 View Post
    I am totally against it, they say it will protect "brick and mortar stores". well my mom has a store, and instore sales are around $500 monthly where her internet sales run over $16k a month, so how is that protecting her. I also do her accounting, there are way too many unanswered questions about it will I have to fill out the tax forms and get the rates from all the states that she sells to? sounds like a big headache to me!!!!!!!!!
    That's just the start of it, wait until the audits start. In New York sales tax audits cover a three year period. They take three months out of three years and audit them. If the only mistake you made occur in that three month period you pay dearly. They assess you as if you underpaid that amount every quarter. In other words if they pick, January, May and December of 2012 and find that you underpaid $100.00 they assess you $1,200 plus penalties.

I couldnt care less either way.... the stuff I buy online is stuff I cant get in town... so Im buying it off the net anyways.

Sounds like someone is going to write a konpyuta program to figure the taxes etc..... out....... Someone has probably done already writ it and will have it available soon.

16 k a month.... your mommy isnt even close to the threshold where she will need that fancy tax calculating software.

I think you got to have a million in sales before they are going to expect you to start collecting.

People waste so much anyways.... buying stuff they really dont need and all....... and yet they gripe about paying sales tax.

Dont want to pay the tax..... Dont buy it.

Put that money away for a rainy day or something.
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

I guess "adding" taxes is not necessarily "raising" taxes. I'm going to buy stock in butter. The reaming hurts less when there's lubrication.
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

fyi you should already be claiming that internet tax and paying the tax when you file. The government is tired of everyone fibbing and saying they didn't buy anything online and now they are pushing to force everyone to be honest.

I personally hate it but it is what it is...

Quote Originally Posted by keef View Post
    they are pushing to force everyone to be honest.
    How about leading by example? I see it as more proof of a failed administration, and failed local and state governments. The gubmint trying to squeeze blood out of a turnip. You put money in peoples hands and most will spend it. You take money from peoples hands and most will hold onto it.
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

They are going to tax anything and everything possible in order to pay for the illegals they will one day make legal , because the huge pool of money needed for welfare is going to sharply widen ....

Whoever invented TAX back in the day was a very smart business man.

When you sit back and think about it , the people on the collecting end are Grossly drowning in money.

Before getting your payroll check its taxed before you even touch it , and then each and every dollar you spend on anything its taxed again. Sometimes 2 different taxes ( eating out ) sometimes 10 different taxes ( like a cell phone or cable bill )

So on some purchases , out of every dollar you earn , you spend about 50 cents towards your purchase , the other 50 goes to the Gubbermint

Then we have Personal Property tax , and taxes on any sort of other income , like selling a house , or off stocks.

Just dont think about it , it makes you sick to your tummy ....

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast