Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

using gauges on multipal refrigerants

This will sound like a nubie question but I am just getting back in refrigeration. I have a set of robimair gauges that only show 12 and 22. I know the temp pressure charts on the gauges won't be correct but Is it ok to use the gauges on other refrigerants? Do you use the same gauges on multiple refrigerants?

yep
    Heating/Cooling Services Inc.
    www.andersonhvacservice.com

Pressure is pressure.

The gauge doesn't care what it is measuring the pressure of, as long as the pressure is within the range of the gauge.

Use a valve built into the end of the high side hose to allow you to draw the liquid back into the system before unhooking and purge out the old gas with the new gas each hookup.

"If perfection is your goal, you may end up with good enough, what might you end up with when good enough is your goal?"
    Wayne Pendergast, efficientcomfort.net

Yeah use whatever gauges but for 12 and 22 gauges if you use them on something like 410 with high pressure it could max out your low side depending how high it goes so you should be careful about that. There's a cool app for smart phones to tell you whatever temp your pressure would convert to for the main refrigerants in use, it's called 'Blitzer' and it's free. Highly recommend downloading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Apprenticanic View Post
    Yeah use whatever gauges but for 12 and 22 gauges if you use them on something like 410 with high pressure it could max out your low side depending how high it goes so you should be careful about that. There's a cool app for smart phones to tell you whatever temp your pressure would convert to for the main refrigerants in use, it's called 'Blitzer' and it's free. Highly recommend downloading it.
    Is that on IPHONE app store just checked could not find, or is it android only?

Just make sure you don't mix oils and you'll be fine. I always bleed my gauges off after using them and purge them with nitrogen before using them on a system with a different gas.

Quote Originally Posted by garychance View Post
    Is that on IPHONE app store just checked could not find, or is it android only?
    Try searching for "Bitzer" I have it on iOS and Android.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Soul View Post
    Just make sure you don't mix oils and you'll be fine. I always bleed my gauges off after using them and purge them with nitrogen before using them on a system with a different gas.
    Even mixing oils isn't nearly the issue that it has been made out by some to be.

The amount of oil that would be transferred by normal service practices is so small as to be insignificant.

Cool

i

Agreed.
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Even mixing oils isn't nearly the issue that it has been made out by some to be.

The amount of oil that would be transferred by normal service practices is so small as to be insignificant.

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Try searching for "Bitzer" I have it on iOS and Android.
    I was searching blitzer, thats why i could not find it, Its a pretty cool app! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by garychance View Post
    I was searching blitzer, thats why i could not find it, Its a pretty cool app! Thanks!
    Oops, sorry man, i meant to type 'Bitzer' . Yeah the app comes in handy for sure. And yeah I'm never too concerned about the whole different oil in the hoses deal. .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast