Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 53 to 59 of 59
  1. #53
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    20,928
    I would add this: We have the health-care system we deserve...

    Simply because we choose to not be involved in the process of determining the rules.

    Democracy ONLY works for the citizens when the citizens are INVOLVED.

    Until we get off our lazy butts and MAKE Wash DC accountable... nothing will change except the tone of the hot air.

    How do we change DC... For starters... term limits and get a WHOLE NEW CREW up there.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  2. #54
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Bristol NH
    Posts
    229
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    I would add this: We have the health-care system we deserve...

    Simply because we choose to not be involved in the process of determining the rules.

    Democracy ONLY works for the citizens when the citizens are INVOLVED.

    Until we get off our lazy butts and MAKE Wash DC accountable... nothing will change except the tone of the hot air.

    How do we change DC... For starters... term limits and get a WHOLE NEW CREW up there.
    X2

    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

  3. #55
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Posts
    3,910
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    I would add this: We have the health-care system we deserve...

    Simply because we choose to not be involved in the process of determining the rules.

    Democracy ONLY works for the citizens when the citizens are INVOLVED.

    Until we get off our lazy butts and MAKE Wash DC accountable... nothing will change except the tone of the hot air.

    How do we change DC... For starters... term limits and get a WHOLE NEW CREW up there.
    I'm going to rib you a little GA. The fallacy in your point is that the government should have never been involved in healthcare to begin with, unless you are referring to post Obamacare legislation.

    Term limits would be good. No more lifetime boobs like Ted Kennedy.
    Governments don't tax to get the money they need, governments will always find a need for the money they get. Ronald Wilson Reagon

    Born Again KA

  4. #56
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    20,928
    Quote Originally Posted by bb View Post
    I'm going to rib you a little GA. The fallacy in your point is that the government should have never been involved in healthcare to begin with, unless you are referring to post Obamacare legislation.

    Term limits would be good. No more lifetime boobs like Ted Kennedy.
    You are right... govt should NEVER have gotten into it... Yet WE THE PEOPLE are the ones who did not make a big enough issue of govt all along... we LET this happen.

    If I remember history; Ronald Reagan allow hospitals to be bought by holding co's. Before Reagan, in, if I remember, 1984 or 1985... hospitals could NOT be owned by out/state interests. In other words... they were local entities. One could see the quality of healthcare in hospitals go down the tubes as a few holding co's got control of the whole business.

    On the term limit thingy: As I understand it... the founders envisioned a successful business-person VOLUNTEERING to go into govt for one or at the most two terms to do PUBLIC SERVICE for the good of the people... then go back home to their business. Career polecats was NOT the idea... in fact it was the opposite of the idea.

    Govt is like cancer... it creeps up on folks... and is malignant by the time one knows it is there... yet it is too late to totally destroy it.

    The solution is to not give them one inch... rather keep them as small as we can possibly get by with. Sure, we all will have to get off our butts and do a little more... and pay for a few more things ourselves (pay less than it costs the govt to do it). But in the bigger picture, all of America will be better off!
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  5. #57
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    California/Nevada
    Posts
    3,607
    Quote Originally Posted by Elfshadow View Post
    Decided to delete this while I consider what to post.

    Wolf please read.
    http://www.econlib.org/library/Enc/Fascism.html


    i simply stated that the Health Care Bill was officially described as "Socialist/Capitalist" , which it was.
    I'ts pointless to argue over the details because the Health Care industry will evolve every year, and Marxism is the ultimate goal.
    whether the county is destoyed under Fascism, Communism, or some modern internationalism, it doesn't really matter

  6. #58
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    880
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfstrike View Post
    i simply stated that the Health Care Bill was officially described as "Socialist/Capitalist" , which it was.
    I'ts pointless to argue over the details because the Health Care industry will evolve every year, and Marxism is the ultimate goal.
    whether the county is destoyed under Fascism, Communism, or some modern internationalism, it doesn't really matter

    Actually it does matter, because the people who like socialism but detest fascism, might actually help out if they figure out that its not a just a conservative/libertarian screaming commie/socialist. We are slowly ending up a fascist state because that where compromise between corporatism and socialism leads us.

  7. #59
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    20,928
    I think Elf has a point here:

    The HUGE $$$ value of the US economy is something most polecats and dictators would literally DROOL and DREAM to get their filthy controlling paws on...
    Literally NO polecat is gonna destroy that cash machine... there are too many ways to USE it for their gain (at the expense of us US-American citizens). SOOOO...
    NO, we are not headed towards pure Socialism or Communism... rather a state run and controlled, for profit (profit for the right folks) capitalistic machine making BIG bucks (for the elect few in DC... without anyone else really getting much of the pie without kissing their ARSE).
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event