I will install HP tomorrow first time, couple of questions

It took me 3 hours to understand diagram, well almost.
    1. Brown wire is electrical heat wire, right?
    2. How can I find out which transformer terminal is common? Does blue wire go to "C" terminal of thermostat?

3. Can I use solder instead of brazing? I used it to replace filter on another AC and it works fine for about 1 year. I just didn't know about brazing back then.

4.I hope I don't need to replace wiring from my fuse box. New HP is 40 Amps, old one is 30. I did not check wires yet. Which gauge it should be for 40 Amps? 8?
    5. Is 3 ton enough for 1500 sq.f house? North Florida. Lowest temperature is 25.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by car5car; 02-20-2007 at 11:05 PM.

I hate to break the news to you but your post has DIY written all over it.

No step by step instructions are allowed per the forum's rules. You can generally get a specific answer to a specific question but this post is the classic example of what the forum won't respond to.
    Last edited by davefr; 02-20-2007 at 11:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by car5car View Post
    It took me 3 hours to understand diagram, well almost.
    1. Brown wire is electrical heat wire, right?
    2. I have old model AWR036C100A split system. Label says American Standard and Trane.
    I will install new thermostat and brown wire should go to "emergency heat" terminal or "secondary heat". If my HP is "smart" enough to turn on electric heat it should be second. Or thermostat can be programmed? Maybe I will install jumper and hook up radio to heating elements to see if my HP is smart. I guess HP will for defrosting cycle. I will read programming instructions for thermostat.

3. Can I use solder instead of brazing? I used it to replace filter on another AC and it works fine for about 1 year. I just didn't know about brazing back then.

4.I hope I don't need to replace wiring from my fuse box. New HP is 40 Amps, old one is 30. I did not check wires yet. Which gauge it should be for 40 Amps? 8?
    5. Is 3 ton enough for 1500 sq.f house? North Florida. Lowest temperature is 25.
    Thanks.

Seriously? If your a tech it sounds like you have no training or knowledge whatsoever. If your a HO DIY , Stop, don't go any further with this cause your gonna burn your house down.

We can't walk you thru this on this site. Read Forum Rules.

Please call a Proffesional contractor. If your questions are serious inquiries then I'm scared for you and the lives of those that live in the home.

Question

My competitor is hiring, can I refer you to him? If you have to ask about basic electrical on HP install you better call in sick or go back to Home Depot and go over the diagram one more time.
    "One day closer to retirement"

Hmm

Quote Originally Posted by davefr View Post
    I hate to break the news to you but your post has DIY written all over it.

No step by step instructions are allowed per the forum's rules. You can generally get a specific answer to a specific question but this post is the classic example of what the forum won't respond to.
    Well, it is better to ask and not get answer than screw up HP and kick my own ass for not asking.

You are a non-professional home owner. You are asking for help installing your own equipment. Our rules prohibit assisting you.

Do not post this type of request. Thread closed.
    Perhaps you should have read the instructions before calling.