+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Delta to Jace integration

Post Likes

Delta to Jace integration

Hi all
    I have a site that has a Orcaview work station connected to a Delta DSC1616 thru ethernet connection then a bus going out to 8 controllers on ahi's and roof tops and 2 vav controllers. The customer wants a jace like their other buildings and I am looking for the best way to integrate.
    They would like to keep as much of the existing system to start then we can go to something open over time.
    Thanks
    in advance
    Kevin

Post Likes
    Im not familiar with the Delta stuff but I tried to integrate to it with a jace also. The site ended up being Deltas own proprietary protocol called V2, there isn't a driver that im aware of for AX. If its bacnet it should work though.

Post Likes
    You Will be able to tie this into a Jace, all you need is the Bacnet license.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Lapham636 View Post
    You Will be able to tie this into a Jace, all you need is the Bacnet license.
    I tried on the ethernet side and I had no luck. Were you saying I should be on the mstp side?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Post Likes
    No you should be able to find them on the ethernet side. What Lapham is saying is that your JACE has to be licensed and configured for BACnet. Is this Ax or R2?
    Don't worry zombies are looking for brains, you're safe...

Post Likes
    Ax and I am using workbench so there are no licensing issues.
    I couldn't get the dsc to show up, but I dont know the network number. Could I see everything from the mstp side? Is there a tech doc for the Delta ingratiation?

Post Likes
    I believe you need to know the network number. If you go into BACnet device manager and do a discover, nothing shows up? I'm not sure that just because it is AX, that BACnet is automatically licensed. I have several that are only LON and they do not have the BACnet "feature" called out in the license file.
    Don't worry zombies are looking for brains, you're safe...

Post Likes
    in the Orcaview settings the network number is set to 0 and the jace cant take a network number of 0. the license file is fine

Post Likes
    So bacnet shows up in your license file???????
    UA Local 141

Post Likes
    Well it looks like this job went from dead to alive in only 1 short year
    Can I see these on the MSTP side and kill the DSC1616?

Post Likes
    Absolutely, you need the MS/TP license.
    Discover and your done.
    But i did one with the DSC1616 and it work great.

Post Likes
    Here's some extra information from the Delta Controls side.

Delta Controls can implement BACnet one of two ways over Ethernet or IP. With only one DSC1616, I would be willing to bet this panel was setup using on BACnet over Ethernet, meaning it was not given an IP address for BACnet/IP.

Someone above mentioned that Delta controls are setup as Network 0. This is not a default or a setting that can never be changed. In most cases the BACnet Ethernet Network Number will be set as 10xxx and BACnet/IP Network number will be 40xxx

The xxx's will be the number of 100's of the BACnet Device ID (node address). For example:

DEV ID BACnet/ETH BACnet/IP
    1,200 10012 40012
    35,000 10350 40350
    125,000 11250 41250

It's all about knowing what you are connecting to (Delta DSC) and how you need to setup your equipment (JACE) to find whatever is out there.

Post Likes
    TheControlsFreak
    Thanks for the feedback I have been playing around at the site today I hooked up a Jace and found all of the controllers including the 1616 on the MSTP side. I can read and write to all of the points I would need EXCEPT for the most important point =Occupancy.
    I found 2 points and neither of them will cause the units to go to Unocc.
    Is it possible that they have an internal schedule in either the 1616 or in the DSC-1280H ?
    Thanks
    Kevin

Post Likes
    The programming in all controls is still proprietary so you would need to get access to the system through Orcaview and take a look at the GCL Programming (PG Object) and read what actually turns on the fan.

In most cases there is a SCHedule object that is used for time/day and then some programmers will then use a Binary Variable (BV) to equal the SCH object and name it something like 'Occupancy'. In your case they may have that variable or SCHedule sent out to all the controllers which might have some other variable.

I sometimes will just go off of Fan Status or Fan Command depending on what you are controlling for. That way if the fan is actually running or if the fan is atleast being told to run... you do what you need with the equipment you are controlling.

FYI - Delta Controls is 'OPEN' as far as BACnet is concerned and actually adheres to the BACnet standard closer than 90% of all the other manufacturers. Jus sayin'.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in