Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My debit card hit with fraudulent charges for Moscow Russia.

I received a call and a text message from Bank of America asking me about unusual activity on my debit card.

Two charges were attempted in Moscow Russia, they paid one and declined the other.
    Last edited by SkullMonkey; 05-06-2013 at 11:03 AM. Reason: *from
    I miss you mom and dad.

That is unbeilevable i can't leave the state without them shutting my card down.
    My name is TooCoolforschool and I am a chronic over charger.

I have had two credit card issues recently. The first was about 2 months ago, someone from the east coast somehow got my Discover card number and used it to buy an expensive doll house from an online toy store and have it shipped to them. The second issue, about a week later, was with my Visa Debit card from my local bank. Someone had somehow used it to charge something to Godaddy.com. In both instances, I found the issues myself by checking my account statements and then had to call the merchants and the banks to get the charges reversed (and to cancel my cards and get new card numbers).

It is a good lesson to keep an eye on your stuff.

Last week my dispatcher told me that my fleet gas card had been compromised. Apparently some gas station i stopped at the pump had a skimmer on it. The fleet company wouldent tell us when or what station. Go figure!

I've had mine compromised a couple times. Somewhere in Russia and some Bakery in the Netherlands. My bank notified me both times and I cancelled cards. Both times they hit it was for less than $5. I guess they were seeing if it would go through then hit it up for more if it did ??

mine got hacked somehow.. first time it was for about $300 in pizza and a $40 cab ride in london.. then 2nd time almost $600 in online purchases from some guy in wisconson.. now for the best part - i managed to pry the hackers name used , and the state he was in.. the local police basically refuse to do more than a report , when asked to turn info over to the hackers local police , their reply is since its just such a small amount the cops really dont have time to investigate the hacker... my reply - if he did it to me...how many others does he hack weekly ? and they refuse to supply me the info the merchants have for delivery address for him... guess that prevents me from taking a drive and disabling his typing ability w my framing hammer... then the joys of cancelling my bank account and opening a new one with all my auto paid bills.... yes <I know your name> of wisconson.. im looking for you
    Last edited by beenthere; 05-14-2013 at 06:04 AM. Reason: Removed name of suspected hacker

Quote Originally Posted by pauls heating & View Post
    mine got hacked somehow.. first time it was for about $300 in pizza and a $40 cab ride in london.. then 2nd time almost $600 in online purchases from some guy in wisconson.. now for the best part - i managed to pry the hackers name used , and the state he was in.. the local police basically refuse to do more than a report , when asked to turn info over to the hackers local police , their reply is since its just such a small amount the cops really dont have time to investigate the hacker... my reply - if he did it to me...how many others does he hack weekly ? and they refuse to supply me the info the merchants have for delivery address for him... guess that prevents me from taking a drive and disabling his typing ability w my framing hammer... then the joys of cancelling my bank account and opening a new one with all my auto paid bills.... yes <I know your name> of wisconson.. im looking for you
    If the cops were not so busy writing parking tickets and speeding tickets where they get a guranteed return on their time then they would be to busy busting the real crooks.
    Last edited by beenthere; 05-14-2013 at 06:07 AM.
    My name is TooCoolforschool and I am a chronic over charger.

This is gonna sound bad... however cops are political errand boys. They really do NOT care about their jobs... they are in it for the $$$ and power.

Yes, there are exceptions... however I remember when I grew up in the 1960's the local cop was a part of the community... NOT SO anymore.

We are loosing our country to polecats... all because we do not care enough to get involved and take it back.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

anybody near millcreek wis looking for a looking for a tech for a short term assignment ?? hammer ready for hackers fingers

Bastards got me yesterday. Went on a Mothers Day shopping spree at walmart.com. I'm on hold with walmart right now right now. Bank already cancelled the card
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

One order to Murray, KY and the other to beautiful Chicago,IL

Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    Bastards got me yesterday. Went on a Mothers Day shopping spree at walmart.com. I'm on hold with walmart right now right now. Bank already cancelled the card
    Sorry to hear that. Its so common now unfortunately.
    I miss you mom and dad.

Kudos to my credit union. Took me about 4 hours of running around and making phone calls. They reimbursed my account by the end of the day. Walmart had already shipped the items out. I don't know how they will investigate. The credit union said they've recently had major issues with fraud originating in India. She also said, and walmart.com agreed, walmart.com is a huge source of fraudulent purchases. This appears to be local. Maybe a skimmer on a gas pump or something. I never use the card for online purchases.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast