Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by jrath66 View Post
    I know how you feel, that's until I went to school and got my degree in business administration and environment control. Before that I worked in the industry for all four years of high school and college but I felt that I didn't have my mojo down pat. Mojo I mean what to look for how to explain it in plain term's and some other stuff .For example finding the find line between selling for $$ and selling because the customer needs it for a lack of a better way to put it.I don't think I can get much more technical then that but I'm sure you know sales. I could email a few things.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    OK, is there anyway to send a private message on here?

Quote Originally Posted by jtrammel View Post
    The greatest salesman in the world by Og Mandino
    thanks! i'll check it out

you wana go into settings and enable private messaging

Quote Originally Posted by jrath66 View Post
    you wana go into settings and enable private messaging
    OK apparently I'm not going to be able to do PMing on here just yet. I put my email on my profile though so i think you should be able to see it there. thnx

Quote Originally Posted by saleslady View Post
    I never mentioned that I was selling Airtemp on this thread, but I'm sure you can still post this negative comment on my introduction thread also.
    Not negative, I'm wishing you luck. God speed.
    My name is TooCoolforschool and I am a chronic over charger.

I guess I am not quite sure what you are asking. You say you have a history in sales...and a technician has likely condemned or found so many repairs replacing the equipment would seem to be a wise decision. With your experience in sales you are likely a very personable person, with good soft skills, and able to relate to, and access people quickly.
    So are you looking for technical data to flower you vocabulary or an understanding of HVACR? (which is certainly can be quite technical) Along with judging the costs of install whether a simple swap or the improvements needed. That might be the hardest part in my opinion, outside of new construction. As the homeowner will often be of the mind it has worked for umpteen years, albeit poorly. Or just a better understanding of the products you are selling? Well, your the salesman, you figure it out. :-) or try a clearer more focused question(s) and I'm fairly certain there will be some helpful responses. And best of luck.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by mattc183 View Post
    I guess I am not quite sure what you are asking. You say you have a history in sales...and a technician has likely condemned or found so many repairs replacing the equipment would seem to be a wise decision. With your experience in sales you are likely a very personable person, with good soft skills, and able to relate to, and access people quickly.
    So are you looking for technical data to flower you vocabulary or an understanding of HVACR? (which is certainly can be quite technical) Along with judging the costs of install whether a simple swap or the improvements needed. That might be the hardest part in my opinion, outside of new construction. As the homeowner will often be of the mind it has worked for umpteen years, albeit poorly. Or just a better understanding of the products you are selling? Well, your the salesman, you figure it out. :-) or try a clearer more focused question(s) and I'm fairly certain there will be some helpful responses. And best of luck.
    Thanks, I think I have found what I need on my own. I was looking for some reading material to help familiarize me with the very basics of HVAC. Such as, What is a heat pump? What is a furnace? What are their functions? etc ... Like I said, I had no previous experience in the field of HVAC so I needed very general info and not anything technical. I feel like I have got it figured out though at this point and I am spending time with the technicians in the field this week to gain some more specific knowledge. I appreciate the help.

Learn a little bit about recommend duct design for certain tonnages. Or you may get into a couple sticky situations putting in a new unit on a way to small of a duct system be it a return or supply.

It does happen but it helps to catch it before the closing of the sale. so you can notify the customer you have to cut a hole in the wall to allow more return air for the unit.

Then when installing the unit and find this information out you might have PO customer that needs s hole cut in the wall.

Yeah a bad day( and it was a lawyer)

best of luck to you

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12