Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Look what i got...

Now I am cool
    Name:  image-2972447907.jpg
Views: 928
Size:  47.8 KB

Do I have to do anything special with them before use?

Just slap on the hoses and battery and get to work? That simple?

Nice pick. I went with the SMAN 3 tho. Im a fieldpiece guy. Do those have micron gauge too

I think you have to calibrate the temp probes before using them. The old ice water trick to make sure they read equally

Does it come with that bag to keep them in??

Nice buy you will enjoy them very much. I know i have with the month or so i have used mine.

More than anything else i like to use them for nitrogen tests on systems.

Bag is included and 2 clamps as well

Gone to 3 calls all frozen solid FFS haven't got to use them yet

Did you order them online? or brick and mortar store? if online from where?

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolMech View Post
    Do I have to do anything special with them before use?

Just slap on the hoses and battery and get to work? That simple?
    Yes, the only prerequisite to using them is......"beat the crap out of them" You cant hurt them even if trying....no need to calibrate anything, just use them and enjoy having the toughest and best available.

Just today I had one set of mine soaked in POE when I made a mistake not closing a valve after changing an oil safety on a low temp rack. The other set was in a -2 supermarket walk in freezer to find a flooding evap, after finishing and taking it out of the freezer, it was soaked in condensate. But all is well as both did this many times in the past with no harm. There just isn't any better, there just isn't any other.

PS: one was an AK900 the other was a DRSA1250
    Last edited by AirTechMech; 05-30-2013 at 07:23 PM. Reason: I wanted to identify what drsa m#'s I used today. 1250 oil soaked AK900 water soaked.

Lucky! I'm still waiting for mine to arrive. Should be at my door this Monday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Great!...an expensive tool thats going to break as soon as the warranty runs out.
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    Great!...an expensive tool thats going to break as soon as the warranty runs out.
    My DRSA1250 is from 2007 and my AK900 is from November of 2011. So what exactly do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    My DRSA 1200/1250 is from the Spring of 2007 also... I can say without a doubt this is the TOUGHEST electronic tool I own.
    I ordered an AK900 (bought it direct from Doug/Brenda, because I did not want the 3 hose manifold... I use a 4 valver). Nice to have a back-up unit during busy season. For 6 years I did not have back-up, depended on the DC and it worked well. And yes, they WILL take the abuse folks talk about.

If anyone knows how tuff 'Snap-On' tools are for vehicle repair... well DC is the snap-on of digital gauge sets.

Cool, they are even better than your bar-maids... <grin>
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

I dont own a set of digital gauges because I hear so many complaints on here and at wholesale houses. Maybe this brand is a really good one?...I dunno. How many brands are there now? Who makes the best? Who has the best warranty and support? best bang for the buck?
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast