+ Reply to Thread

Thread: R290 compressor Supplier

Post Likes

R290 compressor Supplier

I need a supplier for air conditioning compressor R290, please if anybody knows tell me

thanks

Post Likes
    I don't know where you are posting from, but I believe hvac-talk.com, and most of the people who post here are from North America, where I believe R290 (propane) is illegal to use as a refrigerant in an air conditioning system.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ammoniadog View Post
    I don't know where you are posting from, but I believe hvac-talk.com, and most of the people who post here are from North America, where I believe R290 (propane) is illegal to use as a refrigerant in an air conditioning system.
    i know that but i'm from PETRA company in Jordan and i want to get a compressor for testing purposes

Post Likes
    Depending on size, you would do well to contact various manufacturers and discuss your needs with them.

Here in the states, a few small systems (up to 5.3 ounce total charge) have started to hit the market for refrigeration.

Nothing on AC that I'm aware of.

Post Likes
    There are lots of small capacity R290/R600 compressors currently available for the residential and light commercial refrigeration market, but not much for A/C....as yet.

Here's a summary of the Chilventa trade show from October 2012, highlighting all the latest products for R290. Note the larger capacity R290 compressors from Danfoss, Bitzer, Dorin, etc.

http://www.hydrocarbons21.com/news/view/3597

With the tight restrictions on use of HC refrigerants here in the USA, I doubt we'll ever see much activity beyond small refrigeration applications, but the rest of the planet appears to be quite active.

Post Likes
    Wonder when propane became "illegal to use as a refrigerant"?I have an old trade magazines that shows the first centrifugal chiller made by Carrier using propane as a refrigerant.
    Propane is still in use in the USA as a refrigerant mostly in the low temp market.

Post Likes
    It's not uncommon to see propane used in some industrial applications in petro-chem plants.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by valdelocc View Post
    I have an old trade magazines that shows the first centrifugal chiller made by Carrier using propane as a refrigerant.
    That's interesting. Are you sure it wasn't an absorber, using the propane as fuel to heat it?

Post Likes
    I second........
    Betabass

Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome.

Post Likes
    That's interesting. Are you sure it wasn't an absorber, using the propane as fuel to heat it?
    Reading old trade magazines made me realize that we have not invented a thing in a very long time, its the other way around, we have lost great inventions, mostly because lawyers and the greed of the big corporations.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in