Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 17
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Southern,Ca
    Posts
    487

    Filedpiece wireless

    I went ahead and made a sync video, check it out, http://youtu.be/akLH6woZLYQ
    I will have another video in a bit actually applying the tools

  2. #2
    Good one. I got the bag and all the other gear too, but I opted to put all the meters in hard, padded cases with the zipper pouches. Three cases total. I am too hard on my stuff and didn't want to take a chance on breakage.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Southern,Ca
    Posts
    487
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac5646 View Post
    Good one. I got the bag and all the other gear too, but I opted to put all the meters in hard, padded cases with the zipper pouches. Three cases total. I am too hard on my stuff and didn't want to take a chance on breakage.
    Good point I was just thinking because I have it all in one bag that now it's perfect for a thief, and or for me to forget it all at a job, I'm going to have to put some procedure in affect on my part to help me remember to not forget this stuff somewhere. That would be a 2000.00 dollar mistake!


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

  4. #4
    Dont remind me about cost. Even with the discounts my boss and I got we are in five figure range of cost.
    Only thing I leav in the truck are my AK 900. I have them Camouflaged with an SMAN 4 draw string cover.

    Off topic but I like to share one of my little tricks with you.

    Don't know if you use a Digicool AK 900, but I mounted mine to a YJ commercial evac and charging manifold. It uses three 3/8 service ports and a 1/2 evac port. It evacuates crazy fast---like the Appion MegaFlow Manifold but at half the price.

    I have two blue and one red Appion vac rated 3/8 hoses with 1/4 flare to hook up to resi system and a conventional refer drum. the 1/2 evac hose has a 3/8 flare for hooking up to vac pump.

    That is what I use and its fast.

    Thanks for taking time.

    Spiros
    AKA hvac5646

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Southern,Ca
    Posts
    487
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac5646 View Post
    Dont remind me about cost. Even with the discounts my boss and I got we are in five figure range of cost.
    Only thing I leav in the truck are my AK 900. I have them Camouflaged with an SMAN 4 draw string cover.

    Off topic but I like to share one of my little tricks with you.

    Don't know if you use a Digicool AK 900, but I mounted mine to a YJ commercial evac and charging manifold. It uses three 3/8 service ports and a 1/2 evac port. It evacuates crazy fast---like the Appion MegaFlow Manifold but at half the price.

    I have two blue and one red Appion vac rated 3/8 hoses with 1/4 flare to hook up to resi system and a conventional refer drum. the 1/2 evac hose has a 3/8 flare for hooking up to vac pump.

    That is what I use and its fast.

    Thanks for taking time.

    Spiros
    AKA hvac5646
    Thanks for the tip, I don't use the ak's though, I did seriously think about them before I bought the sman4. Mainly it was the wireless that sold me on fieldpiece.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

  6. #6
    how often do you calibrate the temp probes? i carry a thermos with crushed ice....calibrate before each job.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Southern,Ca
    Posts
    487
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac5646 View Post
    how often do you calibrate the temp probes? i carry a thermos with crushed ice....calibrate before each job.
    I do the same, I work in restaurants all day so I just grab ice from there. I found myself having to zero out the pressure gauges a few times also.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    North Richland Hills, Texas
    Posts
    14,914
    Quote Originally Posted by crstephens83 View Post
    Good point I was just thinking because I have it all in one bag that now it's perfect for a thief, and or for me to forget it all at a job, I'm going to have to put some procedure in affect on my part to help me remember to not forget this stuff somewhere. That would be a 2000.00 dollar mistake!
    Whenever you pull it out of the truck, toss your truck keys in it.

    Also works for remembering to relight water heater pilots if you are doing work where you have to turn the gas off to a house. Set your keys on top of the gas valve.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post
    Whenever you pull it out of the truck, toss your truck keys in it.

    Also works for remembering to relight water heater pilots if you are doing work where you have to turn the gas off to a house. Set your keys on top of the gas valve.
    Damn.....knew I forgot to do something last job.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Southern,Ca
    Posts
    487
    Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post
    Whenever you pull it out of the truck, toss your truck keys in it.

    Also works for remembering to relight water heater pilots if you are doing work where you have to turn the gas off to a house. Set your keys on top of the gas valve.
    Good idea !



    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    south jersey
    Posts
    1,096
    Nice vid. Thanks for taking the time. I realize with all the digital and wireless toys our job is getting easier and more precise ,but do you find it taking more time hooking all the different devices to a system? I am starting to worry when we are going to have more stuff then time.
    You need to put the phone down and get back to work!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Southern,Ca
    Posts
    487
    You have a great point there, I do sometimes wonder, but I also think that these tools can make it a little easier for us to be better tech's.



    Quote Originally Posted by jnsrose View Post
    Nice vid. Thanks for taking the time. I realize with all the digital and wireless toys our job is getting easier and more precise ,but do you find it taking more time hooking all the different devices to a system? I am starting to worry when we are going to have more stuff then time.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Elgin,just outside Chicago
    Posts
    63
    put the truck key in the bag...guaranteed not to let you leave without the tools- - oh, and for anotha dollah tweeny nine, get you a spare valet key for when you lock yer keys in...keep it in yer wallet...you can thank me later

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event