PAE Gov. services work?

just wondering if any fellow talk members were ever employed by this firm. they do work for the US Embassy in Moscow. its a two year contract to be over there. (sounds dangerous but i like risks)
    when life throws me a banjo, i play it

So they are advertising again, huh? I seen their add for Moscow and some other embassy duty before at least a year or so ago. I personally would like to visit Russia but not be there for a while.

Real cold there...
    Refrigeration...Finding the Wright Wrench to pound in the correct..Screw

I think the other embassy I know they got tied up is Beijeng China. I have thought about going to work for Haliburton or these guys just to get to travel some, but I have opted against it. PAE didn't sound like they paid that well but then again all your expenese were cover by the company so maybe 50,000 a year and free room and board isn't so bad. I have never met anyone that has worked for them so I have no idea what its like.

GL with your request.

anyone yet?? i got excited again scoping out the online girls in russia.

If you are single and no kids go for it! Life is an adventure. I two years seems long but it is but a blink of an eye! Let us know what you do!
    Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.

Red face Been there/Done that

My wife and I were there (Moscow) from 2005-2009. I worked as a carpenter foreman and she worked as warehouse manager. Best and most miserable experance of my life all rolled into one.

You will have to get a Department of State top secret clearance but they pay for it, just be ready for them (State Department) to pry into every detail of your life. Your initial contract is 2 years and if you don't finish it not only do you forfeit a lot of money but you have to pay back for all your expenses for moving you there.

It's not any more dangerous than other big city's but don't underestimate the feeling of isolation when you are 6k miles from home and you can't speak the language. All in all it was worth it for me. we did come away with some good money.

PAE is a hard company to work for. Veeeery political! If you want to advance, it will depend on who's butt you kiss not your abilities. The work is easy by state side standards although the HVAC department at Moscow worked about the hardest of all the shops They were usually doing something other than sitting in their office. Last I heard they had the embassy contracts in Moscow, Beijing, Iraq and a few smaller ones like Ukraine and Vietnam.

I would be happy to answer your questions either here or you can call me and we can talk.

Steve

how dangerous could it be?
    If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

thanks for the info steve. but seriously, are the babes really that good there?

women

I can't speak with authority about the women since I took mine with me but I can tell you the majority that date American men, or probably any men for that mater, are not looking for love. They use their bodies like tools to get what they want and if you don't spend money on them you don't get a second date.

As far as safety, I really felt safer there than I have ever felt in a large American city like Chicago. I never felt my safety was at risk, now my wallet was always at risk especially on the Metro (subway). When the police can haul you away for any reason they want I think you tend not to want to make trouble.

Steve