Opinions on Emme zoning system...

Can anyone comment on how good or bad an Emme zoning system is? It sounds really cool and would work well with my modulating furnace and 2 stage ac unit. Is arzel better or worse?

Your really not comparing oranges to oranges...Emme is a much more complex system than Arzel. Emme uses a bladder type duct closure and Arzel uses a gasketed blade, both actuated by low press/vac. If you have a lot of extra $ to spend on a lot of extra complexity than Emme is a good candidate. Emme has a lot of good user interface technology but requires a lot of post installation refining by either the HO or the contractor. Arzel can be used with web-based stats (field sourced) but is simple wiring and set-up and allows you to walk away from a properly functioning system.
    Regarding your modulating furnace and 2 stg A/C, the Arzel HPP panel was designed for variable speed 2 stg systems and has been doing very well with modulating furnaces.
    "When you perceive zoning not as a bandage but as an enhancement, you truly understand the dynamics and limitations of forced air heating and cooling"

I originally looked into the Arzel system and only found 1 local contractor that installed them. When I recently went to their website it looks like they dropped Arzel for Emme. The Emme sounded even better from the description, which is what peaked my curiosity to get the low down on it. The Emme sounds like it could cost double or at least close, plus have more install issues. I want reliability and proper install. I had always heard good things about Arzel so I will probably stick with that plan. Most local contractors wanted to sell me on using motorized dampers which I did not want because of the greater failure rate - especially when some will be buried in a wall. I will just have to find a knowledgeable arzel installer that services central NJ. Strange how most local contractors I ask have never even heard of Arzel though.

Not sure if these are close but here are a few recommendations...Awesome Services and ATS Mechanical. If you get me your zip code I can get you a few more recommendations that might be closer to you.
    "When you perceive zoning not as a bandage but as an enhancement, you truly understand the dynamics and limitations of forced air heating and cooling"

08816 East Brunswick, NJ

If you go to the home owner website you can enter your zip code and pull up contractors in your area that install Arzel

http://www.arzel.com/locate.php