Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Carrier Weathermaker 8000 issue

Hello all, figured i'd turn to the pros so see if anyone could shed some light on my recent issue. As the title states, i have a Carrier Weathermaker 8000, of which the furnace isn't working. Upon turning it on, the blower starts running, and after the alloted time period the gas valve (Black disc thingy, forgot what it's called) starts spinning. However, the igniter never fires, never glows red. I pulled the old igniter out and replaced it with a brand new one, figuring that could be the issue. It wasn't. The furnace does have a LED light. Upon startup the LED flashes 1 short 2 long during the blower running. Once the Gas Valve starts spinning, the LED stays on without blinking. Once the gas valve has spun for a bit, the LED goes to 3 short 1 long. Any ideas at all?

you really need to call a service tech before you: 1-blow something up; 2- kill someone other than yourself.
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

This is the Ask Our Pro's forum. In order to post a response here, you must have verified qualifications and have been approved by the AOP Committee. You may ask a question by starting a new thread.

You can find the rules for posting and qualifications here.

Additional infractions may result in loss of posting privileges.
    Last edited by jpsmith1cm; 05-07-2013 at 08:46 PM. Reason: non AOP Pro Member

I obviously used the incorrect term for the item in question. It is the inducer assembly that starts spinning but nothing related to the burners firing happens.

This is the Ask Our Pro's forum. In order to post a response here, you must have verified qualifications and have been approved by the AOP Committee. You may ask a question by starting a new thread.

Last edited by jpsmith1cm; 05-07-2013 at 08:46 PM. Reason: non AOP Pro Member

Thank you Yorkapprentice, fixed it by resetting the rollout switch. Appreciate the constructive response, unlike others in this post.

Last edited by jpsmith1cm; 05-07-2013 at 08:47 PM. Reason: non AOP Pro Member

Ummm.. It's not fixed.
    "Hey Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort." And he says, "there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice. - Carl Spackler

Last edited by jpsmith1cm; 05-07-2013 at 08:49 PM. Reason: non AOP Pro Member

Last edited by jpsmith1cm; 05-07-2013 at 08:50 PM. Reason: non AOP Pro Member

YORKAPPRENTICE

Mr toon

The rollout switch tripped for a reason! That reason needs to be found and repaired. That unit can be very very unsafe to operate if it is not checked by a competent person with instrumentation. The carbon monoxide in your exhaust could very well be at lethal levels!!!!! As you posted here for opinions, my opinion is that your heat exchanger either is breeched or plugged. This needs to be corrected immediately

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast