Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    North Richland Hills, Texas
    Posts
    14,914

    One of the RCB's early attempts at utilizing the capacitor mounting bracket.

    At least the bracket is keeping the capacitors from jumping out when the access panel is removed.

    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Mid-Mo
    Posts
    3,595
    Eek. I love my metal touching the top of capacitors........ I loveeee arch flashes!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    North Richland Hills, Texas
    Posts
    14,914
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan1088 View Post
    Eek. I love my metal touching the top of capacitors........ I loveeee arch flashes!
    That's what electrical tape is for, to insulate the capacitor terminals! ~RCB
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Mid-Mo
    Posts
    3,595
    Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post
    That's what electrical tape is for, to insulate the capacitor terminals! ~RCB
    "I don't always hack, but when I do, I prefer electrical tape on the tops of capacitors."

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Grass Lake, MI
    Posts
    254
    I don't see the problem here . . . the box is protecting one capacitor from the other and the old bracket is retaining the wires to keep them from touching the cabinet. We should all follow this example.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    North Richland Hills, Texas
    Posts
    14,914
    Quote Originally Posted by jpbhvac View Post
    I don't see the problem here . . . the box is protecting one capacitor from the other and the old bracket is retaining the wires to keep them from touching the cabinet. We should all follow this example.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Grass Lake, MI
    Posts
    254
    No!!! Not serious. I guess I should have added some emoticon action to express my laughter as I was writing that.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event