Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by summerhelp View Post
    My concern is if I am working on a machine w/ transducers and a display I am now verifying a computer w/ a computer doesn't give me a warm fuzzy
    What's the problem with that?

I grew up w/ analog gauges and calibrated machine transducers w/ zeroed gauges just dont trust a computer checking a computer.I work on equipment where mistakes are going back weeks not hours.

I grew up w/ analog gauges and calibrated machine transducers w/ zeroed gauges just dont trust a computer checking a computer.I work on equipment where mistakes are going back weeks not hours.
    My DCs are much more accurate and precise than my yj analogues. 10th of a psi resolution vs 5psi resolutions. DCs can be zeroed like analogues by the press of a button.

Im willing to bet if your using standard $20 bourdon tube gauges they are a hell of a lot further off then you think.. Go out to your van, put 100 psi of nitro in your manifold set and tell me what the high and low side read.. I know ALL mine read different when I checked. Now I compare 4 sets of Digi-cools and they all read exactly the same..

No offense but just because you "feel" like a computer checking a computer is not a good idea, Does not mean its right. Have you used a set of digital gauges? This is the way the industry is going for a reason. If I were you I would do some research and make an educated decision..
    Gotta have the right tool for the job!

Where is all the stuff MADE IN THE USA?

"Thats what we do Troy. Incredible, Invisible, Imbelivable things. We are an Unseen, Unknown, Unvincible fraternity of craftsman.."

I actually prefer them, I think they give a great advantage. As the other guys said, the thing they didn't mention was during a leak check. You pump up a system with nitrogen, then come back 15 minutes or so later. Did it move? Did it? I "think" it didn't. With these you "know" if it moved.

Yeah for sure. I have single test analogs but they are $40 Class I calibrated. But even they are not accurate full scale. I only use them for spot checks. And I will calibrate them every six months from the time I started using them about four months ago.

No my friend. Digitals are the way to go.

Yeah for sure. I have single test analogs but they are $40 Class I calibrated. But even they are not accurate full scale. I only use them for spot checks. And I will calibrate them every six months from the time I started using them about four months ago.

No my friend. Digitals are the way to go.

Have you considered the Mastercool digital gauges? I've been watching my fellow techs us Testo, Fieldpiece, and the like. Each one I've seen has some features I like and some I don't. The Mastercool (I just bought mine, 999 series; 4 valve) is easy to use for everyday use and come with K-type temp sensing, vac gauge and even data logging. Price compare to the Testo product. This is the best I've see! I'm going to buy a second set.

My concern is if I am working on a machine w/ transducers and a display I am now verifying a computer w/ a computer doesn't give me a warm fuzzy
    So, let's calibrate a transducer costing hundreds of dollars with a cheap analog gauge with a +/-3% accuracy rating...

Digital refrigeration manifolds are 0.5% accurate. The most accurate instruments available to us today.

WHY in the bleeding blue blazes would you NOT want to use them?

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    So, let's calibrate a transducer costing hundreds of dollars with a cheap analog gauge with a +/-3% accuracy rating...

Digital refrigeration manifolds are 0.5% accurate. The most accurate instruments available to us today.

WHY in the bleeding blue blazes would you NOT want to use them?
    *high five*

Quote Originally Posted by jpbhvac View Post
    Have you considered the Mastercool digital gauges? I've been watching my fellow techs us Testo, Fieldpiece, and the like. Each one I've seen has some features I like and some I don't. The Mastercool (I just bought mine, 999 series; 4 valve) is easy to use for everyday use and come with K-type temp sensing, vac gauge and even data logging. Price compare to the Testo product. This is the best I've see! I'm going to buy a second set.

Good luck with that. I would hold off 6 months before you buy a second set and see if the set you have make it that long. The vocational school Im involved with bought a few sets. They were junk. The display lagged so bad a could not set a LP control.. They lasted less then a year..

If this is your career buy your tools once and buy quality. They will last.
    Gotta have the right tool for the job!

Where is all the stuff MADE IN THE USA?

"Thats what we do Troy. Incredible, Invisible, Imbelivable things. We are an Unseen, Unknown, Unvincible fraternity of craftsman.."

Quote Originally Posted by Pascone10 View Post
    Good luck with that. I would hold off 6 months before you buy a second set and see if the set you have make it that long. The vocational school Im involved with bought a few sets. They were junk. The display lagged so bad a could not set a LP control.. They lasted less then a year..

If this is your career buy your tools once and buy quality. They will last.
    Just once? Dude, that takes all the fun out of HVAC!

I have five sets of digitals and am considering the YJ next.

I just bought a JB pump, considering a YJ now also.

But u r right, buy quality tools, but keep up wit the latest tech. Right now wireless is the big break thru.

And yes, no Mastercool in my arsenal.

Well they say it's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission! Just ordered the AK900's with clamps. Wish shipping to Canada wasn't $115 tho! Nowww i wait! Ordered them though ttt

Sent from my GSIII on Tapatalk

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast