goin to digital manifold..help! - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I really appreciate all the opinions guys I think I'm gonna trust everyone and join the digi-cool cult Haha....also what's the best place to get em.I've seen on hear tht trutech and rdholder are the best places?

Or direct from digi cool

Quote Originally Posted by SCtech33 View Post
    I really appreciate all the opinions guys I think I'm gonna trust everyone and join the digi-cool cult Haha....also what's the best place to get em.I've seen on hear tht trutech and rdholder are the best places?
    I'm just one impulse away from doing the same! About to start my apprenticeship some time soon. Think I'm gonna get one set of digis and everything else. Looking at the ttt site: what types of pipe clamps does it come with? What would you guys suggest I add to them if getting the digi with manifold?

Sent from my GSIII on Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DeHeatify View Post
    I'm just one impulse away from doing the same! About to start my apprenticeship some time soon. Think I'm gonna get one set of digis and everything else. Looking at the ttt site: what types of pipe clamps does it come with? What would you guys suggest I add to them if getting the digi with manifold?

I bought the temp clamps at extra cost but they are worth it. The temp clamps were the tipping point for me buying the AKs. Can't stand the hard to use strap-ons they come with.

Quote Originally Posted by hvac5646 View Post
    I bought the temp clamps at extra cost but they are worth it. The temp clamps were the tipping point for me buying the AKs. Can't stand the hard to use strap-ons they come with.
    X2, the scissor clamps are well worth the added expense. The Velcro strap sensor that come with it have there purpose on larger lines and tight spots but 95% of the time I use the scissor clamps. They save a lot of time and aggravation. Jp has a good solution for making the pipe strap probes a lot easier to hook up.

They DO come with the straps then. K good to know, what about hoses? Right now trying to get a decent starter bag. Going with one dsra and two stubby gauges. Will be working resi r22 & 410-a guess I'll need any other set of gauges with manifold for the difference in refers.
    Gonna get a blue vacuum micron.
    Any comprehensive lists? Guess I should start a thread.. Or search.

I like the nrp or yj ball valve hoses. I use my same guages for all types of refers. Bluvac is a good choice for micron guage.

Quote Originally Posted by jtrammel View Post
    I like the nrp or yj ball valve hoses. I use my same guages for all types of refers. Bluvac is a good choice for micron guage.

Quote Originally Posted by DeHeatify View Post
    They DO come with the straps then. K good to know, what about hoses? Right now trying to get a decent starter bag. Going with one dsra and two stubby gauges. Will be working resi r22 & 410-a guess I'll need any other set of gauges with manifold for the difference in refers.
    Gonna get a blue vacuum micron.
    Any comprehensive lists? Guess I should start a thread.. Or search.

No you do not need 2 sets of gauges. Use the Digi-cools for both. Spend that money on some other tool you need...
    Gotta have the right tool for the job!

Where is all the stuff MADE IN THE USA?

"Thats what we do Troy. Incredible, Invisible, Imbelivable things. We are an Unseen, Unknown, Unvincible fraternity of craftsman.."

Not only are the DCs hard to find locally, online you don't have to pay sales tax... TTT is good and rdholder advertises free shipping. I got my guage, manifold and hoses from TTT and clamps from holder. Both holder and TTT offer 5% off for hvac talk members as well.

Quote Originally Posted by jtrammel View Post
    Not only are the DCs hard to find locally, online you don't have to pay sales tax... TTT is good and rdholder advertises free shipping. I got my guage, manifold and hoses from TTT and clamps from holder. Both holder and TTT offer 5% off for hvac talk members as well.
    How much better deal did you get on the clampS?

Not that much diff in price.

My concern is if I am working on a machine w/ transducers and a display I am now verifying a computer w/ a computer doesn't give me a warm fuzzy

Quote Originally Posted by hvac5646 View Post
    How much better deal did you get on the clampS?

Not that much diff in price.
    5 bucks less and free shipping. About 12-13$ less once said and done.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast