goin to digital manifold..help! - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 14 to 26 of 47
  1. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Summerville SC
    Posts
    117
    I really appreciate all the opinions guys I think I'm gonna trust everyone and join the digi-cool cult Haha....also what's the best place to get em.I've seen on hear tht trutech and rdholder are the best places?

  2. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    In the work truck
    Posts
    2,990
    Or direct from digi cool

  3. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ottawa, Canada
    Posts
    377
    Quote Originally Posted by SCtech33 View Post
    I really appreciate all the opinions guys I think I'm gonna trust everyone and join the digi-cool cult Haha....also what's the best place to get em.I've seen on hear tht trutech and rdholder are the best places?
    I'm just one impulse away from doing the same! About to start my apprenticeship some time soon. Think I'm gonna get one set of digis and everything else. Looking at the ttt site: what types of pipe clamps does it come with? What would you guys suggest I add to them if getting the digi with manifold?

    Sent from my GSIII on Tapatalk

  4. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,179
    Quote Originally Posted by DeHeatify View Post
    I'm just one impulse away from doing the same! About to start my apprenticeship some time soon. Think I'm gonna get one set of digis and everything else. Looking at the ttt site: what types of pipe clamps does it come with? What would you guys suggest I add to them if getting the digi with manifold?

    Sent from my GSIII on Tapatalk
    I bought the temp clamps at extra cost but they are worth it. The temp clamps were the tipping point for me buying the AKs. Can't stand the hard to use strap-ons they come with.

  5. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Anderson, South Carolina, United States
    Posts
    6,336
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac5646 View Post
    I bought the temp clamps at extra cost but they are worth it. The temp clamps were the tipping point for me buying the AKs. Can't stand the hard to use strap-ons they come with.
    X2, the scissor clamps are well worth the added expense. The Velcro strap sensor that come with it have there purpose on larger lines and tight spots but 95% of the time I use the scissor clamps. They save a lot of time and aggravation. Jp has a good solution for making the pipe strap probes a lot easier to hook up.

  6. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ottawa, Canada
    Posts
    377
    They DO come with the straps then. K good to know, what about hoses? Right now trying to get a decent starter bag. Going with one dsra and two stubby gauges. Will be working resi r22 & 410-a guess I'll need any other set of gauges with manifold for the difference in refers.
    Gonna get a blue vacuum micron.
    Any comprehensive lists? Guess I should start a thread.. Or search.

    Sent from my GSIII on Tapatalk

  7. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Anderson, South Carolina, United States
    Posts
    6,336
    I like the nrp or yj ball valve hoses. I use my same guages for all types of refers. Bluvac is a good choice for micron guage.

  8. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Mid-Mo
    Posts
    3,590
    Quote Originally Posted by jtrammel View Post
    I like the nrp or yj ball valve hoses. I use my same guages for all types of refers. Bluvac is a good choice for micron guage.

  9. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    In the work truck
    Posts
    2,990
    Quote Originally Posted by DeHeatify View Post
    They DO come with the straps then. K good to know, what about hoses? Right now trying to get a decent starter bag. Going with one dsra and two stubby gauges. Will be working resi r22 & 410-a guess I'll need any other set of gauges with manifold for the difference in refers.
    Gonna get a blue vacuum micron.
    Any comprehensive lists? Guess I should start a thread.. Or search.

    Sent from my GSIII on Tapatalk
    No you do not need 2 sets of gauges. Use the Digi-cools for both. Spend that money on some other tool you need...
    Gotta have the right tool for the job!

    Where is all the stuff MADE IN THE USA?

    "Thats what we do Troy. Incredible, Invisible, Imbelivable things. We are an Unseen, Unknown, Unvincible fraternity of craftsman.."

  10. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Anderson, South Carolina, United States
    Posts
    6,336
    Not only are the DCs hard to find locally, online you don't have to pay sales tax... TTT is good and rdholder advertises free shipping. I got my guage, manifold and hoses from TTT and clamps from holder. Both holder and TTT offer 5% off for hvac talk members as well.

  11. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,179
    Quote Originally Posted by jtrammel View Post
    Not only are the DCs hard to find locally, online you don't have to pay sales tax... TTT is good and rdholder advertises free shipping. I got my guage, manifold and hoses from TTT and clamps from holder. Both holder and TTT offer 5% off for hvac talk members as well.
    How much better deal did you get on the clampS?

    Not that much diff in price.

  12. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    25
    My concern is if I am working on a machine w/ transducers and a display I am now verifying a computer w/ a computer doesn't give me a warm fuzzy

  13. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Anderson, South Carolina, United States
    Posts
    6,336
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac5646 View Post
    How much better deal did you get on the clampS?

    Not that much diff in price.
    5 bucks less and free shipping. About 12-13$ less once said and done.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event