Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Which brand of HP is the best?

Could you please write manufacturers names in order from worst to best? Thanks.
    Another question, do they all use the same parts?

Talking Just a warning

If you don't put Goodman at the top of the list you will be accused of bashing.

If you put Trane at the top of the list you will be accused of drinking the Kool-Aid.

That being said the equipment is only a component in a system the contractor designs.
    If the design sucks the equipment will suck regardless of what name is placed on it.
    Have you set up a Google alert for Carbon Monoxide yet?
    Click here to find out how.

Pick installer first then the BRAND. If you gonna hang him if there is a problem at least let him pick the rope!!!We install trane and Carrier and they are both GREAT,it really comes down to the set up and the bells and whistles. Also some equipment works better in certain applications,size of indoor/outdoor units,controls,lineset sizes. budget, rebatesand tax credits. LOL
    It's NOT the BRAND,it's the company that installs it!!!!!

Your question is hard to answer in that we dont know BEST WHAT. Best Value, Best Price, Best COP, Best HSPF, Best Warranty. I am guessing you want to know what is best for you and your home. To find out what is best for you and your home you need to look at several brands and several contractors. I can tell you if you go toward the upper end of the different manufactures line you get better features and better warranties. I would recommend TRANE, LENNOX or AMANA and all for different reasons depending on your home and its needs. As well as your budget. No they are not all built in the same place, and yes there are differences in each of these manufactures offerings. There are other brands like Carrier, Bryant, Armstrong and they all make good products.

Work with a good contractor, that will take the time to find out what it is you need for your home to make it the BEST SYSTEM for you.

Good Luck

Are you kidding me?

There is no worst to best. What matters the most is the install & the installing contractor. Remember, an air conditioning & heating system isn't like a refrigerator where you just plug 'n go. You've got the ductwork & lineset to worry about, etc., etc. Besides, who are you going to call when your brand new system fails within a year of install for whatever reason (not saying it will)? Are you going to call the mfg. or the installing contractor? I'm willing to bet it will be the installer because all the mfg. will do if you call them first is refer you to them in the first place! On top of that, you're not going to have a relationship with the mfg. but the installer. Think about it.

As for the second question, yes, a vast majority of mfg.'s use the same parts. They may use them in slightly different ways, but remember, refrigeration is refrigeration - they all operate basically the same way.
    WHY?

yes trane is the best,

lennox fan club will chime in soon

My favorite brand is Pizahschitty. It think it is made by the J A Pan company.
    Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see.

I think there all junk just some of them are easier to work on than others!!!!!!
    WORK HARDER!!!!! millions on welfare depend on you...
    opinions are like bungholes everbody has one...

If you can't afford a Pizaschitty, then here are some other brands:

Nevrbrkdown, I think it is Norwegian
    Seldumwurx, I think it is European
    Huhnkahfjuhnk, I think it is Belgian
    Azizknowwaruntee, I think it is Egyptian
    Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see.

Look at everything. SEER, HSPF, capacity, defrost system, compressor, protection devices...

You may find a nice 14 or 15 SEER but then see the HSPF is barely a pathetic 8 and it runs 1/2 ton low on heating capacity. Fine for a steamy climate, lousy up north. You may pick the nicest unit you can find but it lacks loss of charge compressor protection. Something springs a leak and bye bye compressor. You're in a cold climate and 10 above zero the sucker is running 24/7 going in & out of wasted defrosts hourly. You say "I could have had demand defrost".

Everyone KNOWS Chrysler/Airtemp is best!
    "Democracy--Two wolves and a sheep voting on what the menu is for lunch.
    Liberty--Is a well armed sheep who will probably contest the vote." author unknown--but I like him already

Quote Originally Posted by kansascity View Post
    Your question is hard to answer in that we dont know BEST WHAT. Best Value, Best Price, Best COP, Best HSPF, Best Warranty. I am guessing you want to know what is best for you and your home. To find out what is best for you and your home you need to look at several brands and several contractors. I can tell you if you go toward the upper end of the different manufactures line you get better features and better warranties. I would recommend TRANE, LENNOX or AMANA and all for different reasons depending on your home and its needs. As well as your budget. No they are not all built in the same place, and yes there are differences in each of these manufactures offerings. There are other brands like Carrier, Bryant, Armstrong and they all make good products.

Work with a good contractor, that will take the time to find out what it is you need for your home to make it the BEST SYSTEM for you.

Good Luck
    Agree agree agree

I would add however the question, how well will the contractor and manufacturer service their warranty???
    Larger Duct, Larger Duct, More Air, More Air
    READ THE MANUAL
    What if I train them and they leave?
    What if you Don't train them and they Stay!
    DSG member

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Quote Originally Posted by howardair View Post
    Everyone KNOWS Chrysler/Airtemp is best!
    Only if matched to a Sundial Air Handler!!lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast