Thread: How to disable the hold button on Honeywell thermostat

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Likes

How to disable the hold button on Honeywell thermostat

I would like to disable the hold button on a Honeywell T8112c1023(1) thermostat (5/2 programmable). Some people in my house insist on using the hold button. They seem to think it keeps the temp. at that level better than if they don't use the hold. Of course it does not, and disables the set back programming, until I come along and push the run button to disable it. Thank you.

Post Likes
    i don't think you can on that thermostat.
    install a lock box or a touch screen thermostat that you can lock the screen.

Post Likes
    Yoo sayyy mite. what he said.

Post Likes
    Honeywell 8000 can be fully locked, or partially locked. Not cheap, but it will accomplish what you're looking for.
    "Hey Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort." And he says, "there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice. - Carl Spackler

Post Likes
    Get a vision pro by Honeywell. It features a screen lock.

Post Likes
    Make whoever is pushing the hold button pay the electric and gas bill would probably be the easiest and even profitable route.

Unless you are referring to your wife, of course.

Post Likes
    Thanks for all the tips. I did try the "you can pay the bill", but it did not work well.

Post Likes
    So it was your wife

Post Likes
    you could disassemble the thermostat and remove the button.
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in