+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Apprentice-journeyman-licensed questions

Post Likes

Confused Apprentice-journeyman-licensed questions

Okay i am a person that is new to this field. I am just starting out in my career in hvac. I may be getting an apprenticeship in one state. I have alreadly gone to hvac tech school. I know that it takes two years to get to journeymans status if you have proper schooling with an apprenticeship. My question is where do i go from journeyman?? If i get journeyman in one state can i move to another state to get my license?? Or be a journeyman there?? Are any of my hours transferrable state to state?? If i obtain a license in one state can i move to another one and get my license there?? please help me.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeps242 View Post
    ... My question is where do i go from journeyman?? If i get journeyman in one state can i move to another state to get my license?? Or be a journeyman there?? Are any of my hours transferrable state to state?? If i obtain a license in one state can i move to another one and get my license there?? please help me.
    It may not be standardized, that is, every state may be somewhat different. If you're in Virginia, contact the D.P.O.R.

Post Likes
    So say if i get a journeymans license in virginia and i want to move out west somewhere i would just have to take a state exam in the state that i wanted to move to because the codes and stuff is different?? Or i would have to call the state that i want to move to when it came time. im just confused about this sorry about my naiveness.

Post Likes
    I've always stayed in state. If i were in your boots, I'd have to call for answers.

Post Likes
    o okay thankyou i just may have a apprentice offer somewhere i don't really want to live for too long and i wanted to know what i would have to do to move where i would like too. Who knows maybe they transfer me down the road.

Post Likes
    It's all state by state. Some states may recognize another state license, usually only a neighboring state, and others may not. In fact some states do not even have a state license, IN for example, but the counties or cities do. Also unions are retarded, at least mine is, if you already have a state or city license they may still expect you to "buy" their recognition of your license, basically pay them off to get journeyman scale without going through their program. It's different everywhere. You'll just have to make some calls if you decide to move. Good luck. And welcome to the party.

Post Likes
    okay so i will just have to call when i decide i want to move. Or just get a job there with a really good company in the state im moving too. Thankyou guys

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in