MO99 and semi hermetics
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

MO99 and semi hermetics

Anybody tried this conversion from r22 to MO99 yet on a semi hermetic?? Carrier M# 48EJE034-610DB
    Ive talked to Carrier and they tell me it can only be done by their techs for commercial equipment as of now and isnt for field use yet for commercial equipment. I understand we have to replace the driers, shrader cores and gaskets and this is the replacement that carrier is backing so far. Any input??

Go to a supplier that peddles DuPont refrigerants and ask them . I see no issues with it.

On the the stores that we take care of has a semi on the walkin cooler that is running MO99 and not having problems. Been there for a year now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by caheiman30 View Post
    On the the stores that we take care of has a semi on the walkin cooler that is running MO99 and not having problems. Been there for a year now.

Did you change anything special on the semi besides schraders, driers, suction and discharge gaskets when you were doing the conversion?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Quote Originally Posted by MsiHvac View Post
    Did you change anything special on the semi besides schraders, driers, suction and discharge gaskets when you were doing the conversion?

Nope.

Have a total of 6 systems with MO99 in it, 1 walkin cooler, 1 trane RTU AC, and 4 York RTU AC's. always just changed out the drier, schraders, and flushed the system every direction possible with nitrogen, to get as clean as possible in the coils.

Thanks guys!!

Heres a link to duponts pdf on retrofitting with mo99 http://www2.dupont.com/ISCEON/en_US/...guidelines.pdf

I also spoke with a dupont rep at a recent trade show and was told that only issues they know about is the slight capacity loss with mo99 compared to r22 so in systems that were poorly designed and were borderline undersized there could potentially be issues.

Quote Originally Posted by MsiHvac View Post

You do not need to change any fiber or metal gaskets. Only rubber ones

Thats right, because the rubber ones swell with r22 and dont with MO99 if im not mistaken.

Has anyone needed to replace semi hermetic service valves due to leaks?
    I have a Carrier 52 ton which has an empty circuit due to a leak on the distributor.
    I don't want to trade one problem for another.
    It serves operating rooms for a few dentists and I can't afford the downtime.

I may just go with R-22 on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by thump_rrr View Post
    Has anyone needed to replace semi hermetic service valves due to leaks?
    I have a Carrier 52 ton which has an empty circuit due to a leak on the distributor.
    I don't want to trade one problem for another.
    It serves operating rooms for a few dentists and I can't afford the downtime.

I may just go with R-22 on this one.
    I've replaced leaky service valves a few times, in some cases the valve could be re-packed.
    The instructions tell us to loosen the packing nut every time we use the valve, about 99.9% of us ignore it.
    As far as MO99 goes, I wouldn't use it in anything other that a junk unit on its way out.

we just had a class put on by DuPont about mo99. i haven't used it yet but with the lower discharge temps i think it is a better option than 22. i never understood when people get hesitant about using a new refrigerant, there are tons of blends.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast