Programmable mercury t-stat!

Ran across this beauty today.

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367538386.413694.jpg
Views: 1329
Size:  40.0 KB

Nice was it still working? I run across quite a few of those still.

Some of us are old enough to have installed them new out of the box. And then lived long enough to replace the system many years later.

are the red & blue clips still on it?
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

Yeah it was working threw me for a loop though. We had 3 rtu's to change out yesterday an two started up no problem except this one. Building was locked up when we went to start it and I discovered this this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by thirdcoast361 View Post
    Ran across this beauty today.
    recycle them throughTRC @ www.thermostat-recycle.org

Quote Originally Posted by HGThermostat View Post
    recycle them throughTRC @ www.thermostat-recycle.org
    Just got an epa letter today, about recycling them at local supply house (Illinois)

Depending on the state, Check with your local supply house about recycling them, also In TN no supply house recycles them. They look at you like you are from mars when you ask them to take a mercury t-stat to recycle. In maryland the supply houses have a box to put all the mercury stats in.

Thermostat Recycling Corp, a non-profit funded by thermostat manufacturers, provides the boxes to the supply houses. There a several supply houses in TN now collecting and you can find them on TRC's website using the search tool at the top of TRC's home page. If you have trouble finding a participating location call TRC toll free at the number below.

If your local supply house isn't collecting ask them to. It costs next to nothing to participate. Larger HVAC contractors can participate directly in the program too and can find order forms for TRC recycling bins on its website or by calling toll-free 888-266-0550

those are alot more reliable than some of the fancier systems out there....kinda like the John Madden Electrical Theory principle.....

.,......just sayin.

Ive had some older homeowners want the old murcury stats back! I explain to them press this button for heat or cool or off. Press the up arrow button and down arrow button to set the temp that you want, the system will do the rest. But thats what they want and are used to, some people like levers some like buttons.

I did a start up on a bard wall mount today that had a mercury stat, that thing was short cycling like crazy.