Who like JB vac pumps?

I just bought a DV200n Platinum 7 CFM for 399.00.

I think i got a good deal on it.

Was looking at getting one from j-mart. or either a yellow jacket 7 cfm bullet

I have a JB platinum and really like it. Seems to be a very solid pump. I got the 5cfm for residential. I had a really great run of buying barely used tools on eBay two years ago and got my pump for $60, if you buy from highly rated sellers that have lots of pics, so you can see how roughed up the tools are, there are deals on there. You have to have patients though, I spent 3 months tracking every JB platinum that came up before I got mine.

We have 2 10 cfm platinums also. The lead man nicknamed it Monica. Ha. So far it's a really good pump, I added two 3/8" adapters to make a vacuum tree.

Just ran mine two hours with no oil. OOPS. Was empty when I got it used and it just slipped my mine. I looked at the glass in the pouring rain and it looked half full so I ran it. When I disconnected hoses I noticed it was really hot and smoke coming from the hoses. Put oil in it the next day and it seems to be running OK. Will have to keep an eye on it. Good pump.
    You need to put the phone down and get back to work!

Quote Originally Posted by jnsrose View Post
    Just ran mine two hours with no oil. OOPS. Was empty when I got it used and it just slipped my mine. I looked at the glass in the pouring rain and it looked half full so I ran it. When I disconnected hoses I noticed it was really hot and smoke coming from the hoses. Put oil in it the next day and it seems to be running OK. Will have to keep an eye on it. Good pump.
    Dude! Seriously....you did not put oil in the pump when you got it?

That is one strong pump.

My JB is maybe 10 years old and still pumps down to 50 microns.
    Change the oil a lot.