Good day,

We recently moved into our new build home that is equipped with this furnace (EL296UH110XV60C-04). From my research and from reading the manual the furnace has essentially 3 speeds (I'm not using it for A/C, only heat). Two speeds for heat depending on demand or time, and one speed for fan only, each of which can be modified slightly on the control board. Since my wonderful builder only installed a single stage stat the furnace is left to it's own devices on when to kick into the high mode. Without the fan turned on this is exactly what happens, the low stage starts and if it can't keep up the high stage kicks in and everyone is happy. The problem I'm having is when the fan is selected to on. When the fan is in continuous operation and there is a call for heat, rather than start with the low stage it immediately ramps up to the high stage for about 1 minute then returns to the low stage for the set amount of time and will kick back into high stage again if required. I find this rush of air fairly annoying and want to know if this is normal operation for this furnace or is something off? I've talked to two local lennox dealers and received different answers from both so I'm hoping I can get to the truth here!

Thanks very much in advance for your help, I'm glad I stumbled across this site!