Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    nope not a rep just a humble tech. although I have been through the entire list of ice machines and in my experience Scotsman is the best performer. They are a more expensive, but they are the best.

Quote Originally Posted by DLZ Dan View Post
    Hoshi is the way to go. If you have 208/230v available, I would go with the 900 for a restaurant. Its a good size and it is a full 30" wide.

I wouldn't push an Ice-O-Matic if I was paid to.
    I would push it out the door to the dumpster....... always since the 80s been junk...

Almost every machine we install is a Manitowoc. We also install ice-o-matic as a second option, but we get a better price on mani. An equivalent ice-o-matic always ends up costing a couple hundred more, thus we've only installed about 3.

Manitowocs are easy to clean. They do have the cvd units, where the compressor and condenser are both up on the roof. The cvd units seem problematic, especially in low ambients. The air cooled or traditional remote units seem way more reliable.

I would go for a Manitowoc or Hoshi with a remote condenser. If you have a 30" bin I would sell the largest machine that would fit on that bin (probably 1000lb for a mani).

I have two old hoshi's that I service one is a 1982 the other is a 1984 both still crankin out the ice
    Hoshizaki is definitely the best on the market, then manitowoc then vogt then scotsman never a ice o matic...

Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    Awww, c'mon guys. Ice O Matic took 2 successful designs from their competition, made modifications, and made a clusterf$#@ of them both.
    wasn't it Cornelious I don't remember any more but they had the slanted cube for a gravity drop.
    Rember Crystal Tips? AKA Ice Pox lol

another vote for hoshi, simple, fast, durable, dependable. i do think that manitowac and vogt make neater looking cubes, and who can forget those big noisy turbo's.

Hoshizaki

Hoshizaki is the most rugged, most reliable machine I have ever encountered.
    I was a Shop Foreman for a Scotsman dealer. They are not bad but I still prefer Hoshi.
    I do remember Crystal Tips. We had several on chain accounts in DFW.
    Cornelius was what became of the old " Ross Temp " line.
    Manitowoc " thinks " they make a good machine.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123