Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Best Replacement Ice Machine

I am mostly air conditioning and heating here, but need to recommend and install a replacement ice machine for someone. Will be replacing a Hoshizaki machine. the second water pump bad and pump is pretty expensive, machine undersized and about 14 years old. It has been running almost non-stop for those years so its understandable that the pump is again failing so its time to replace. Any thoughts on what brand is good. The bin is a 30" Manitowoc bin which has a 22" Hoshi mounted on it sideways, so I think a 30" machine is the way to go. It is for a restaurant and bar. Thanks for your help guys. I am prob going to recommend a 500-600 lb machine. It is in a kitchen and current unit is air cooled.

14 years in a hot kitchen its had a good life. Buy another Hoshizaki and bin. Get the remote condenser this time.

Hoshizaki is the way to go!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Also Hoshi! If you want a 30" wide machine, check out their KML series. For service though, I prefer the 22" wide KM series.

After 2 or more machines on the old bin, it might be a good idea to replace that too.

I agree with pecmsg, 14 years in a kitchen running none stop would prove to me that another Hoshi is the answer.
    Experience is what you have an hour after you need it.

Hoshi seems to have proved itself
    Why mess with success

I have found that a Hoshizaki will general have nearly twice the life than anybody else's machine...especially in areas with poor water.

...And I don't see that Hoshi's parts pricing is all that high these days, considering what Manitowoc charges for stuff lately.

Hoshi
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

It was working when I left...
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

clearly no one here has ever worked on a hosi****ty, save yourself the headache, scotsman prodigy CO630.

Yep yep yep. What they all said. Very good machines. Replace the bin too. It's worth the extra $$ on the job, IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by squish View Post
    clearly no one here has ever worked on a hosi****ty, save yourself the headache, scotsman prodigy CO630.
    NOOOOO.

Another vote for hoshizaki... Rather work on a hoshi then a Scotsman any day.

Once you learn how a Hoshizaki works, it's really quite a good machine to work on. I've been working on them from their beginning and for the most part, they all diagnose much the same. Not much need to pull out the book.

As a tech I like Hoshi's best.

As an owner, in the long run the others make me a heck of a lot more money in service and replacement business.

How can someone not know how a hoshi works? They've made relatively the same machine since forever.
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

It was working when I left...
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast