Alerton Controls

Hello,
    Im new to Alerton, I have several sites that have older Alerton controls. I devices installed are SA-651, TX653P, I believe a Microview or LANview and a TX-APLC. I need to know which of these devices is considered the "front end" or "global control" I also need to know what software, cable and keys I need to view and edit the program. The Microview doesn't have any display right now so i can see anything from there.
    Thanks for the help.

If I remember correctly, SA-651 is not programmable, just configurable using Microset unit. TX653P and APLC are programmable. You need TDS software and AC-2650 cable. You may try to create this cable yourself: link.

Microview seems to be a global controller (I haven't used it myself though). TDS may let you program this one as well.

pault is correct. You would need Alerton's Envision for Ibex software and an Alerton USB or parallel port key. You would also need a cable to connect directly to the microview.

Microview / Lanview / Apex / Apex light are all global controllers. The system you have is an "Ibex" system. You can't directly buy a license for this any more since many of the components for this system are non longer available, but Alerton does still support the system. They have a newer system "BACtalk" that's 100% native BACnet, and they can connect it to and run you Ibex system. Contact your local Alerton dealer for an evaluation. Where are you located?
    Cheers!
    John

Hey thanks guys! So if i buy the Envision is that backwards compatible so I could see and program all my device? If so what else would I need to connect. Software key? Also we didnt install this, Is the program usually password protected? If so can I get around this? Also John im in NV
    Thanks Again

You will need a software key for your new system, software is not password protested in the IBEX system.
    There are two dealers in NV, BCS is in Reno and Climatec is in Las Vegas. They should be able to get you whatever you need.

If it is password protected, the default username and password are typically both "pass".

Ibex keys pop up on eBay all the time.

kontrol out
    "Open is as open does." - Forrest Gump
    "Can't we all just get a Lon?" - Garry Jack
    "BACnet: integration or interrogation?" - The Janitor
    "Open protocols? You can't handle open protocols!" - Nathan R. Jessup
    “What’s that? Aaa… open protocols? Don’t talk about…. open protocols? Are you kidding me? Open protocols? I just hope we can hardwire an interface!” - Jim Mora http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7fjDS0jKiE

Hi John loves to ski (is that a native indian name? ;-)

Question on the APLC. If system has CO2 sensor, which inputs would be used? Cannot find any info on CO2 sensors and APLC.

Thanks;

j

Juan, I know you were asking John but I can answer that for you. The aplc is programmable so any input can be used. You need to set the jumper pins on the controller to the type of sensor output IE 0-5v, 0-10v, thermistor etc. Then a control scheme needs to be down loaded into the controller.
    ckartson
    I didn't write the book I just read it!