Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Another infinity...

Slight improvement over the old Bard. Moved outdoor to a new location.

Is that water heater drafting?

Like the base you make for the furnace. Is that base also open to return air or just the furnace side?

Water heater drafts fine.

Yeah the base is open to the filter and the bottom of the furnace. Makes a 20x25 filter fit instead of a 16x25. 3 Ton or bigger use a 2025 or two 1625

Nice install. Still love to see turning vanes on the return.

How you guys sealing your duct work joints? I think this came up on your last thread. We keep getting shot down by inspectors if we are not using mastic. We will use aluminum colored caulk between the filter/furnace and furnace/evap...other that we are mastic painting fools.

Those new HE condenser always look smaller in pictures unless some is standing next to them. Of course whether it's 2, 3 or 5 tons, they are still huge! I'm guessing its' a 3 ton since it's not "too tall".

Nice pouch for manuals. I see they went with the basic infinity control instead of the touchscreen. Actual in terms of basic navigation for equipment status, I actually like the standard controller better. But I like some of the extra features on the touchscreen, especially if zoning is used.

Quote Originally Posted by motoguy128 View Post
    Those new HE condenser always look smaller in pictures unless some is standing next to them. Of course whether it's 2, 3 or 5 tons, they are still huge! I'm guessing its' a 3 ton since it's not "too tall".

Nice pouch for manuals. I see they went with the basic infinity control instead of the touchscreen. Actual in terms of basic navigation for equipment status, I actually like the standard controller better. But I like some of the extra features on the touchscreen, especially if zoning is used.
    Yet to put one of the new controls on. That would be a 3ton 2stage. Little shorter. Only maybe 32" square? Instead of the 35" heatpumps.

Thanks for the compliments.

No inspections here for changeouts. Flat surfaces are sealed with foam tape, as in furnace to coil, coil adaptor, furnace to base, furnace to filter, b-end to filter.... Do have to mastic new systems. Stuff looks like poop.

I like, sweet and neat line set!

Quote Originally Posted by slctech View Post
    Nice install. Still love to see turning vanes on the return.

How you guys sealing your duct work joints? I think this came up on your last thread. We keep getting shot down by inspectors if we are not using mastic. We will use aluminum colored caulk between the filter/furnace and furnace/evap...other that we are mastic painting fools.
    We are mastic painting fools too, you can't look at that stuff without getting it all over you. I really like using the mastic tape, you can make it look a lot cleaner but its way more expensive. All our stuff gets wrapped with r8 insulation anyway so you can't see it. We did one today in a garage and all tge duct looked so nice and clean til we covered it in mastic and wrapped it up.

Nice work!

Great looking. An artist with the lineset.
    Use the biggest hammer you like, pounding a square peg into a round hole does not equal a proper fit.

Pretty Work man.... Charge lines look immaculate, and so does everything else!!!! Nicely Done!

Jimmy, do you ever have air flow issues with the return drop on the left side like that? We use an 8 inch box like you do,and have had a few with the right side limit was overheating. Not enough air getting to right side. Carrier wants the ra box same size as return drop. Nice work btw.

Not that I know of? Haven't had one single call on these new 35" furnaces and we have put a ton of them in. Other than a lightning strike. Know we have done a bunch with return on the right like this. I do work for 3 different companies and that is the first I have heard of that.

8" box? The base is 5" tall. That is enough to fit the filter box. It is 21 3/4" tall.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast