Thread: Lennox CBX32MV - Critical Alert

Post Likes

Lennox CBX32MV - Critical Alert

Critical Alert Code: 292
    Indoor Blower Start Problem.
    At least the unit tells me it's the blower. Bad part is I'm out of warranty, sweating M.A.Off and to make matters worse, I live in South America were I can count good techs with one hand.

Ok so I got that error code and finally a second one, #402 (pressure trip) probably due to the frost that formed inside the Air Handler as the blower failed to start.

Ok, what do you make of this? The blower tries to start slowly even when in test mode. It moves in very small life shaking movements back and forth and then runs slowly with a bumping sound as its turning. Velocity is at this moment slower than in circulation mode or dehumidification mode. I can make it spin faster with a push of my hand to be exact. Sounds like something inside the blower is loose or out of balance.

Is it fixable? Might this be something electrical or have to do anything with the interior chips or board.? Is this going to be something I can trust any tech to fix or is it going to be safer just to replace the blower?

Anyone had similar problems and sound that comes out of a variable speed unit that might help diagnose?

Thanks in advance to everyone and all their answers....

Carlos

LENNOX
    AirHandler: CBX32MV 60BTU
    O.D. Unit: XC21-60BTU
    Thermostat: Comunicating iComfort
    Attached Images Attached Images       

Post Likes
    Forgot to explain that when the blower is off, and I make it spin with my hand, I do not hear the bumping sound. Keep in mind that when I spin it, it's moving faster than when it tries to start by itself, so its not that I'm not give it enough velocity.

Another thing, when I say blower I'm actually talking about the blower motor. Just noticed because I wanted to clear out the blower fins that rotate seem to have good balance and the sound doesn't seem to come from them.

Thanks again.

Post Likes
    UPDATE!!!!

Breaker has been of since my first post till 10 minutes ago. I just turned them back up and set the unit to 73°F when room temperature was showing as 80°F. By doing this I was hoping to make the blower start in max rpm with 2nd stage on.

To my surprise, blower motor started out perfectly, with no sounds being emitted, no critical error codes in display. I conclude nothing is loose inside the motor. It's probably something electrical.

Still waiting for any reply. Haven't heard from anyone. It was a hot holiday today with no AC. I was ale to speak to a tech this morning and he believes it has to be replaced if any are available in the country.

Please write anything, I would like to have some information before that take the unit apart tomorrow.

Should I leave the nit on all night or can another error on the blower cause damaged to the condenser unit due to frost formation or affect pressure in anyway like the other error I got?

Post Likes
    Guess I probably should have lied and said that I live in Florida.

The US lost a large market share in the car industry for making cheap cars. Today, in a quality and service oriented world, it'll loose a bit more to the Asians for customer support.

I totally feel discriminated.

Best of luck to all that decided not to waste their time lending a hand.

Post Likes
    that is a signature series lennox, it comes out of the box with a 10 yr warranty on the parts, all you are responsible for is the diagnostic and the labor to repair, if it shut down on a critical alert once it will do it again, I would get in touch with the installer and have them check it before it shuts off on a 100 degree day!!
    The 2008 NATE TOP TECH!!!!!

Post Likes
    I just re-read your post, I miss read it the first time, I see that you aren't in the states, so im not sure on the warranty but with it being less than 3 years old it should still have warranty left on the parts, sorry im not more help to you
    The 2008 NATE TOP TECH!!!!!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacman14 View Post
    I just re-read your post, I miss read it the first time, I see that you aren't in the states, so im not sure on the warranty but with it being less than 3 years old it should still have warranty left on the parts, sorry im not more help to you
    It's out of warranty because Lennox isn't present hear. I already called corporate to find out and will be expecting a call from them to see if there is a local representative.

Thanks for your participation.
    Best regards

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in