I've posted on here over the last few years after dissatisfaction that I had with the new system I got in 2009. At the time, we were thinking of moving and I went with a single system in a two story house and it sucks. Blower is set to max (4 tons) for AC to overcome ductwork made for 2.5 tons max with static pressure near 1.0 inch of H20. I've decided that there is no real way to fix it other than replace it. I've had multiple quotes over the last couple of years for Amana, Bryant, and American Standard systems. I'm hoping to actually do something this time around. The company I feel the best about gave me a quotation today. They are a Trane dealer, but also do a lot of Goodman and some Amana and Rheem. I asked for a quote for both Trane and Amana and ended up with a Goodman quote only. The estimator is very busy and he did do a load calculation so I'm looking closely at it. I need 2 tons downstairs and 2 tons upstairs. This is going into a 1900 square foot house, pretty much the same square footage up and down, 950 give or take. Built in 1987 and considered average efficiency-wise. 9 supplies upstairs and 9 supplies downstairs.

Second Floor:
Goodman CHPF3636 coil
MBVC1200 variable speed blower
Goodman SSZ14024 heat pump

First Floor:
Goodman GMV950704C Variable speed 95 AFUE furnace
CAPF3636C coil
Goodman SSZ14024 heat pump

Warranty is 10 years parts, 10 years on compressor, 1 year on labor

The only thing I don't like is that the Goodman furnace is kind of a one size fits all. It's a 21.5 inch case and is made to handle 2 to 4 tons. I know that the corresponding Amana furnace is exactly the same. From what I can tell other brands don't have a single blower that's good for that range of sizes. Is it worth it for me to investigate pricing on stepping up to Amana (I know it's made by Goodman, but the built in warranty is better with replacement on some parts) or Trane? My gut tells me to seek out Trane, but I do understand that it's all in the installation. The cheapest parts installed properly are better than the best parts installed by a jack-leg.

Thanks for any advice.