+ Reply to Thread

Thread: San Antonio Job Market?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Likes

San Antonio Job Market?

I'm looking to relocate and have some friends currently living in the San Antonio area. I'm in the union and would like to keep it that way. Any feedback on the current job market or wages for commercial hvac tech or controls programmer? Thanks!
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten". --Benjamin Franklin

Post Likes
    I live and work in San Antonio for JCI. There is a ton of work. JM scale right now is just under 30$ an hour but getting paid over scale is always possible. The cost of living down here is pretty cheap as well.. Do you typically work on air or water cooled equipment? I'm pretty sure we have a water cooled position open right now.

Post Likes
    The company I have been working for the last couple of years is all over the place. One week I'm doing controls programming on a chiller plant and the next week I'm trouble shooting a chiller. I do mainly work with air cooled equipment, but water cooled isn't a issue.
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten". --Benjamin Franklin

Post Likes
    Where do you currently live? Are you familiar with York air cooled products? Do you know much about Metasys?

Post Likes
    I'm currently located in Massachusetts but have been traveling to San Antonio looking at property. Yea I'm pretty familiar with air cooled equipment weather it's a chiller or RTU. I don't do to much work on metasys because its usually worked on by the local JCI branch. I work a lot on JCI's vendor line either FX or PCT but I'm also pretty familiar with DX9100, UNT, also NAEs.

Post Likes
    I know we are looking for a controls tech right now as well.. The downside is that the controls team in non union. Let me know if u come down here and apply with JCI. Use me on the app and I will split the referral bonus with you.
    -Daniel

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in