vulcan heavy duty flat top

trying to find a manual showing the flat top section. vgm36c oven with flat top
    have been on vulcans website, but cant find a manual for this.

trying to find info on calibrating the flat top. didn't see an obvious adjustment on t-stat. invesy stats. also is it fairly easy to remove top for service or does back panel need to come off? it has a salamander mounted above it also on a big modular back plate so removing rear panel will be a pita. any info is appreciated. thanks

You must have have a VGMT36C, on which "T" denotes thermostatic griddle controls instead of manual burner valves. The "C" at the end means it has a convection oven instead of a standard (S) oven.

Those thermostats are snap-action style gas thermostats, so a calibration screw should be recessed in the knob stem just like the KX style thermostat for that convection oven. The set screw may be obscured by a dab of threadlock or fingernail polish.

To lift the top to service, remove the griddle knobs, then the front panel. From there you should see how to remove the front ledge, which lifts up and off the forward lip of the grease trough. Once that's off, you can pry up the front of the griddle. In doing so, the griddle top's vertical backsplash will drop down and clear that flue riser structure holding up the salamander.

obviously you're familar with these! described it pefrfect. thanks. it is thermostatically controlled. there was some purple stuff packed in the end of the stem where i thought there may be an adjustment. thanks again

Thanks for the reply. I hope it all worked out for you. FYI, I didn't find a decent parts breakdown either, even after logging on to their website. Their service manual on that range unit is a joke too.

However, I've had my hands in allot of V series ranges where I work now. I know how it is out there in the field (which I am NO longer doing) and Vulcan's tech support is some of the worst I ever encountered. They typically simply aren't available.