Changing NAE UDP port?

I have two NAE55s that I need to integrate via a JACE. When JCI set them up, they set them each up as standalone, meaning they used duplicate device IDs for the field devices. I would like to use the NAEs as routers and they're on the same subnet, which puts me in a bit of a pickle duplicate-device-ID speaking.

I had thought to connect to each of the devices via the Ethernet adapters on the JACE, setting the secondary adapter and the second NAE to addresses on a separate subnet and all would be well. Problem is that I can't use the same UDP port on the JACE for en0 and en1, and I can't find the procedure for changing the port in the NAE in the documentation or in the archives. I see something from '06, but opinions varied from "you can't anymore" to "change it in..." and I'm beginning to lean towards the former.

I thank all of you for any help you can provide-

Oxford

By default all NAE devices have the BACnet ID of 500. You only need to set this and not the BACnet UDP port.

Upload the NAE with the SCT tool. Then from the focus window, halfway down you'll see the BACnet ID of 500. Change this and download the NAE - it's done.

So many acronyms...my head is spinning...I'm in the wrong forum

"If perfection is your goal, you may end up with good enough, what might you end up with when good enough is your goal?"
    Wayne Pendergast, efficientcomfort.net

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by integrator View Post
    By default all NAE devices have the BACnet ID of 500. You only need to set this and not the BACnet UDP port.

Upload the NAE with the SCT tool. Then from the focus window, halfway down you'll see the BACnet ID of 500. Change this and download the NAE - it's done.
    Thanks for the reply. I have tried what you suggested, but gotten no joy. the NAEs no longer conflict, but the devices they are routing still do. I think my issue is that both NAEs have IP addresses on the xxx.yyy.zzz subnet, the duplicate device IDs under them are causing the conflict. When the JACE sees two routers on the same subnet, it assumes they're all on the same network- I think. Which is why I would like to put one NAE on a separate subnet and connect to each of them via separate IPport- but only if I can get the separate ports to listen on a different, dedicated UDP port, evidently.

Please, if I'm not making sense, hit me with a cyber mallet and say "look, dummy, do it this way!" I'm no kind of proud

Have you connected one NAE to the system? and see if you could you bring the NAE objects into the JACE system? If so, look to see how the JACE system is bringing in the object - name or instance #.

I haven't worked to much with JACE, and don't know what JACE looks for in BACnet objects. If you are able to bring both NAE's are online, the problem is with how the JACE system is bringing in the objects. JCI usually don't change to much in way of names. Do the NAE's have the same name?

Let me know

The NAES have a default network number for the MSTP trunks. Try changing one of them..
    UA Local 141

Quote Originally Posted by oxford View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I have tried what you suggested, but gotten no joy. the NAEs no longer conflict, but the devices they are routing still do. I think my issue is that both NAEs have IP addresses on the xxx.yyy.zzz subnet, the duplicate device IDs under them are causing the conflict. When the JACE sees two routers on the same subnet, it assumes they're all on the same network- I think. Which is why I would like to put one NAE on a separate subnet and connect to each of them via separate IPport- but only if I can get the separate ports to listen on a different, dedicated UDP port, evidently.

Please, if I'm not making sense, hit me with a cyber mallet and say "look, dummy, do it this way!" I'm no kind of proud

For that you probably would have to change the instance of the MSTP devices you are connected to the NAE..by default all the MSTP devices uses instance ID 1,

change it via the configuration tool CCT.

P.S : I am assuming that you are discovering the MSTP devices on the JACE Bacnet integration over NAE router....Am I right ?

By the way, if you are really looking to change the UDP port on NAE, then Enable the BACnet site and wait for say 5-7 mins and then go to the NAE focus tab....and Bingo..you will see the BACnet attributes appear...change the UDP port