Nest 2 and Honeywell HE300 wiring

Hi, my HVAC pro is unfamiliar with the Nest 2, and he is busy installing Honeywell HE300 humidifiers in my new HVAC systems.

Here is the HE300 wiring docs:
    https://customer.honeywell.com/resou...0s/69-2576.pdf

Here is the Nest humidifier docs:
    http://support.nest.com/certified/ar...ion-and-set-up

From the Nest docs one option is to use a relay control:
    http://support-assets.nest.com/image...Hum-2-wire.png

But I think there is an easier way that does not require a relay; bridge the HUM terminals on the HE300, and to connect the * wire on the Nest to the W terminal on the HE300.
    Bridge HUM: always call for humidity (replace humidistat).
    * to W: Let Nest control when humidifier is on or off.

Am I on the right track?

P.

I'd get rid of the nest entirely.

We can't really help you with wiring, even though you're using a professional. Sorry.
    "Better tell the sandman to stay away, because we're gonna be workin on this one all night."

"Dude, you need more than 2 wires to a condenser to run a 2 stage heatpump."

"Just get it done son."

Dad adjusted

Get rid of the Nest and get a Thermostat made by a company that knows how to make thermostats that work. The Nest is garbage.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post
    Get rid of the Nest and get a Thermostat made by a company that knows how to make thermostats that work. The Nest is garbage.
    But it's shiny and trendy....

This is the Ask Our Pro's forum. In order to post a response here, you must have verified qualifications and have been approved by the AOP Committee. You may ask a question by starting a new thread.

You can find the rules for posting and qualifications here.

Additional infractions may result in loss of posting privileges.
    Last edited by jpsmith1cm; 04-30-2013 at 05:21 AM. Reason: non AOP Pro Member

jandsrfgo1

This is the Ask Our Pro's forum. In order to post a response here, you must have verified qualifications and have been approved by the AOP Committee. You may ask a question by starting a new thread.

You can find the rules for posting and qualifications here.

Additional infractions may result in loss of posting privileges.

I did a replacement where the homeowner bought a nest. He asked if I could put that on instead of my stat. Silly me said yes. Finished install late and went up to quick whip stat, fire and test furnace ans get on my way home. Nope! no jumper between rc/rh and no possibility to put a jumper under contacts. There is only enough room for one wire under contact. I add wires to contacts and wire nut together and shove back in wall. Then power up only to find i have to add all kinds of info, ie name, addy, email, time zone, zip code add nausium! What a pain in the butt. No wiring diagram, no comprehensive install, nothing. I did get it to run furnace and beat feet out asap. As far as I'm concerned its just like any other owner supplied equipment. I will put it in but as far as trouble shooting or just making this bargin bin junk that the HO have gotten some great deal on, its their product and its going to cost extra for me to make it work. How much? Service call rate much.

Agreed?
    I am the "Wally". All others are meer imitations of the original.