Harry Reid introduces bill to require background check to buy powder for reloading

Harry Reid introduces bill to require background check to buy powder for reloading

http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-actio...for-explosives

And, the tangos didn't use smokeless powder. They used powder
    from torn down commercial fireworks, and maybe some black powder (either
    commercial or home made).

Smokeless is a poor item to use, as once a container bursts, it either
    slows WAY down, or ceases burning altogether. Black and fireworks
    powder burns the same rate, containment or not.

Smokeless only burns explosively contained under pressure, as in
    a cartridge ignited by initial heat and pressure from a primer.

They are even talking taggants (again). Back in the 80s they were talked about
    and it was concluded they would impair/change the properties of smokeless
    in unpredictable ways - i.e., dangerous. Especially considering the
    infinite variations of taggants needed if they were able to trace a given
    pound of powder from mfr to end user. Currently taggants (or detectants)
    are used in plastic explosives as far as I know.

GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

So when they have these civil war reenactments, what type of powder do they use, when I see them shooting I see white smoke.

Seems it was the same white smoke in Boston. I know little about those type of guns, so I'm just asking.

Roy
    "The perfect Totalitarian State is one where the political bosses, and their army of managers, control a population of slaves, who do not have to be coerced, because they love their servitude"

Quote Originally Posted by royc View Post
    So when they have these civil war reenactments, what type of powder do they use, when I see them shooting I see white smoke.

Seems it was the same white smoke in Boston. I know little about those type of guns, so I'm just asking.

Roy
    Yes, the civil war reinactments use black powder. Black powder is good stuff and is powerful enough to make a fair bomb. However, black powder is slow burning compared to modern powders.

Ever wonder why old black powder muskets had such long, long barrels? That is because black powder is slow burning. As the powder burns thru the long barrel it is pushing the ball all along the barrel as the powder burns. Thus if you want more power you get a longer barrel so as to burn more powder behind the ball. With black powder, the longer the barrel the more power.

If you put too much black powder in a black powder revolver all that happens is you end up burning the amount the short barrel can burn and the rest of the powder is wasted as it burns after it leaves the barrel and just creates a useless flame.

No doubt though if someone makes a bomb from black powder it can kill a lot of people and do a great deal of damage. Modern powders would work much better for the purpose.

Smokeless builds higher pressures faster....... making it more efficient as a projectile or explosive.
    One things for _______ sure, Plymouth rock didnt land on Obamas sorry ___. That ___ __ _ _____ wasnt nowhere near america a million years ago. He aint even a ______, he is half african and half american.