package unit duel comp one is not working all the time

package unit duel comp one is not working all the time

Hello and thank you for reading my post.

I'm kinda new to the commercial side of hvac and I'm having a problem with one of my units. I know I'm forgetful some times and forgot the SC and SH. heat pump comp 1 the line from the accumulator to comp is cold . but going into it is warm. the cap tubes are cold but the coil it self is warm. reversing valve suction side is warm. I have tested the reversing valve and it's working as far as i can tell. So my thoughts on this could be the cap tubes or the liquid line going into the cap tubes might be clogged. Any help is appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by leonardkimbler View Post

I'm kinda new to the commercial side of hvac and I'm having a problem with one of my units. I know I'm forgetful some times and forgot the SC and SH. heat pump comp 1 the line from the accumulator to comp is cold . but going into it is warm. the cap tubes are cold but the coil it self is warm. reversing valve suction side is warm. I have tested the reversing valve and it's working as far as i can tell. So my thoughts on this could be the cap tubes or the liquid line going into the cap tubes might be clogged. Any help is appreciated
    Suction pressure, discharge pressure, saturated suction temp.converted from pressure, saturated condensing temp. converted from pressure, suction line temp., liquid line temp., discharge temp. return air temp., supply air temp., outside air temp., condenser discharge air temp., once you have these readings in your hand you can figure out what is wrong with any rtu or split system out there.

If you think that you have a restriction in the cap tubes you can pretty much come to that conclusion with the subcooling measurment.

...Ron
    Roof Rat

Quote Originally Posted by leonardkimbler View Post

Not nearly enough info, the rv may be leaking discharge gas into the suction line if the suction is warm. Did you hook up guages or just feel everything with your hand, close your eyes and make a guess?