Thread: Trane Rover

Trane Rover

Upgraded laptop and just getting around to reinstalling Trane Rover.

Installed it and registered it. But opening up Lontalk sevice or config due is giving me files missing error. Uninstalled and reinstalled. Still same problem. Everything else seems to be working. My license is a full package.

Any ideas?
    Name:  Rover.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  88.7 KBName:  Rover Register.png
Views: 93
Size:  70.4 KB

What windows version are you using?
    " Good labor is not cheap and cheap labor is not good." MN

UA Local 9

Windows 7 Pro x64

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by ascj View Post
    Windows 7 Pro x64

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    I use a lot of Johnson products, and i had to convert my win 7 64 bit to win 7 32 bit as per Johnson Controls requirements/ recommendations. I cant say much about rover's exact requirements, but rover works fine on my laptop too. I also have a couple other software programs with no issues. I have a Dell vostro win 7 professional 32 bit laptop. It came with 64 bit but i asked dell to send me the 32 bit disk and it took about 10 minutes to redo my laptop. With that said, when I had a previous laptop with win xp professional it was also 32 bit and never had a problem with rover. Certain manufactures don't recommend 64 bit laptops for their software. Downside is when you convert from 64 bit to 32 bit, max ram you get is 4gb. If you already have a lot of stuff on your laptop, it will suck to change over and reinstall everything, and that may take more time than what you want. If your laptop or computer savy, you may find a loophole somehwere, I know someone using a mac with Johnson controls software, but that way beyond me. Maybe you might want to experiment with a virtual program like oracle and put win 7 32 bit on that. My 2 cents.

Not a big fan of virtual, but I know alot of techs that use it and swear by it.

https://www.virtualbox.org/

UA Local 9

I got it working today. I uninstalled and reinstalled with admin. Was able to change some programming in a mp580, today.

I also run M-tools on the same laptop........just need to run in XP mode.

Quote Originally Posted by ascj View Post
    I got it working today. I uninstalled and reinstalled with admin. Was able to change some programming in a mp580, today.

I also run M-tools on the same laptop........just need to run in XP mode.

Glad to hear you got it working.

I used M-Tools, CCT and SCT and have no issues ever on Win 7 Pro 32 Bit. No XP mode necessary. Lol.

UA Local 9

I'm kinda handcuffed by the IT department. I have said my peace about a 32 bit machine......and I end up with a 64 bit machine. That's why I also have a old Dell XP machine in the truck.