Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Products available to Display Temperature

Hey does anyone have any products that can display temperature of a case from a location from a remote location?

something with an audible alarm and or min/max temp fluctuation memory.

My application is for a customer who has 3 reach ins 2 freezers and 1 cooler in a storage room away from their occupied room and something to monitor temperature would be good, I'd havea clear shot to run wires for this maybe about 100' span or so between where the sensor and the display would be.

any ideas or experiences of any parts you may have used to do this?

and of course price on the lower end is what they would like(of course like all of em) I tried to sell them on a few supco round graph chary loggerts/monitors and that was too pricey for em!

thanks
    -Mike
    Sig removed by mod. G-Rated site

johnson controls a 419 has remote sensing capability. you can set it to close on rise for high temp, to ring a bell, or light a bulb, etc....

The primary function of the design engineer is to make things difficult for the fabricator and impossible for the serviceman.

Smile

Check out the dixell controls, they have controls with alarms for high and low temperature with a built in buzzer and external contacts, plus have remote displays options. I think the XR170 control will work well for you. Google Weiss Instruments on the internet to see the dixell products.

XWEB300 with XJP60D Probes Module By Dixell

The least expensive set up that Weiss/ Dixell would have would be this Web based miniature server. The XWEB300 You could monitor and track up to 6 temp probes and set up an external alarm. Contact me if you would like more info.

omit

Temperature Alarm
    Single Setting Temperature Alarm, Adjustment from -10 to 80 Degrees Fahrenheit, Alarm On Temperature Rise Or Temperature Fall, Power 120 VAC, Power Cord 6 Foot, Audible Buzzer, Remote Connection Rater 120 Volts AC 5 Amps, Sensor Encapsulated With 6 Foot Cord
    Grainger Item # 3T186
    http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/wwg...ue&CatPage=683

Go to a alarm company. Ask for a temperature monitor. Cheap Cheap Cheap. you can set them up with delays ect, can put remote sensors on them. You can even hook them up with the buildings alarm system (imagine that) Best bang for the buck.

I have used the Bluegrass T-280 costs something like $60 or $70 with a remote probe from a local alarm supply house.
    Last edited by bryan l; 02-27-2007 at 02:31 AM.
    "I'm really easy to get along with once you people learn to see it my way."

"I'll try being nicer if you'll try being smarter."

Thanks bryan, I'll have a look at that, i have a customer now who has the same sort of thing set up in his store, i should pay him a visit to see where he got them. I'll check a local alarm place thanks for the tip!
    Mike

What do the probes cost for use with that alarm system? How many probes can you do on one system? $70 seems to cheap.

Last time I was in the Alarm supply place (about 6mths ago) the probes were $15. The T-280 has a internal delay you can set. You can also set it up for high and low temp alarms. You can only put one remote on the unit. With a transformer and a backup battery you can have your system ready to roll and not have to worry about power failures ect.
    "I'm really easy to get along with once you people learn to see it my way."

"I'll try being nicer if you'll try being smarter."

What about the Supco TA3, digital display, audible alarm, extendable sensor up to 2000 feet. I've got a similar project underway to monitor 6-8 walk-in boxes and these are what I'm leaning towards using.

yeah i had one of those brought in for me before for a lab application, can't remember why i did end up selling it though, for some reason there was something that it didn't have. I'm thinking the accuracy or something can't remember.

if you're gonna buy 8 of those puppies you should get a deal haha, unfortunatly the owner I am dealing with is still to cheap for taht bugger haha, but i still try, i know i'm a sucker for punnishment!!, lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast