psycrometer - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: psycrometer

Quote Originally Posted by joegrind View Post
    the OP Originally asked a very simple question , Everybody is offering up opinions and charging procedures for equipment that he never asked for, All are valid and differ depending on the equipment On.
    Would you have been happier if we had just simply said "yes," and left it at that, with no explanation as to why?

The OP's question wasn't particularly clear, as he asked if a psychrometer was required to accurately "calculate" superheat.
    It wasn't a question that has a simple yes or no answer.
    Technically the simplest accurate answer would have been "It depends."

Just the fact that the question was asked, and the unclear way it was asked, indicate that the OP is seeking a greater understanding of the subject.
    To simply give a yes or no answer would have been a disservice to the OP.

Don't slag me for simply trying to answer his question and not offer opinions above and beyond
    You got on us a little for not just giving a simple answer...
    Last edited by mark beiser; 05-21-2013 at 08:36 PM.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post
    The OP's question wasn't particularly clear, as he asked if a psychrometer was required to accurately "calculate" superheat.

Would you have been happier if we had just simply said "yes," and left it at that, with no explanation as to why, and no response to the incorrect "no" answers?
    No, in the post you quoted of me I clearly stated that I guess I misunderstood'But for the record in my humble opinion superheat and subcooling to me are just two numbers, what you do with those numbers where you plug them into who's ever charging chart or psychrometric chart Or factor is all part of the equation And part of the bigger picture! Some people reading this post Would be happy just to understand what sub cooling and superheat are! I was happily moving on Until you dragged me back in by quoting me, Now can I just go back to watching Pawn Stars? Kirk out
    I know the guy who know's the "Chiller Whisperer"

Yikes! Guess I should hire me a lawyer before my next post on this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Believe it or not the most educational stuff come from the dissection of vague questions. I think most people gain something when everyone throws in their two cents or past experiences, even if it doesn't pertain to the exact question. Especially when it results into meaningful dialogues and debates.
    ## + years in the field never made you a know-it-all This industry is far more diverse than you are

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234