Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst 123456789101112131417 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    Didn't they go through the roof in favor of Bush Sr?.

We hammer on Obama for not protecting Benghazi, why did the press let Bush Sr. slide for not protecting Kuwait? ...Because we all love a good war, especially when we think it is justified and we are going to be the heroes.
    and ain't that the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by barbar View Post
    ......................You know your history, should we have appeased Saddam, in the same way we appeased Hitler. Because look what happened then.
    My biggest beef about this was that we made Saddam think he could invade Kuwait and once he did we went to war against Iraq to drive him out and then we had as I said 911, war in Afgan and a global war against radical Islam vs the rest of the world.

When he did invade Kuwait I would have tried everything short of going to war with Iraq to get him to move out of Kuwait perhaps give him some face saving grace with some of the oil fields in the desert if for nothing else as payment for fighting at that time the center of radical Islam in the world Iran. He was helping us, Europe and the moderate Arab countries who were our allies at the time. We have jack now days to show for all that and radical Islam is on the march. I rest my case.

Oh by the way IMHO WWII could have been avoided by allowing Germany to have parts of their country back which were annexed from them at the Treaty of Versailles. Thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    My biggest beef about this was that we made Saddam think he could invade Kuwait and once he did we went to war against Iraq to drive him out and then we had as I said 911, war in Afgan and a global war against radical Islam vs the rest of the world.

When he did invade Kuwait I would have tried everything short of going to war with Iraq to get him to move out of Kuwait perhaps give him some face saving grace with some of the oil fields in the desert if for nothing else as payment for fighting at that time the center of radical Islam in the world Iran. He was helping us, Europe and the moderate Arab countries who were our allies at the time. We have jack now days to show for all that and radical Islam is on the march. I rest my case.

Oh by the way IMHO WWII could have been avoided by allowing Germany to have parts of their country back which were annexed from them at the Treaty of Versailles. Thank you very much
    And that does make some sense.

Only Government benefit from war, everyone else loses
    PUB'S
    The Official sunblock of Ireland

A balanced post there GA

I am not sure on more or less govt, but think I you are implying less then there would be less corruption and more accountability.
    Accountability is one of my big things... just my way.

Govt tends to play politics and turn quality life into a grey mess... for their gain at the expense of the masses. These same govts generally cannot handle the light of day viewing their behavior... thus less accountability.

Just my thing...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    Only Government benefit from war, everyone else loses
    Ahhh, a breath of fresh air in a den of high mindedness...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

You are pushing him into a corner, which only leaves him to coming fighting, then you will call him a radical,

Well you blame the muzzies and ask him to take responsibility, will you accept that the USA through their actions caused Islamic terrorism.
    Do you take responsibility for sandy hook, and why did you not stop the guy.
    Finger pointing is pretty easy!
    You should be encouraging the guy, to promote anti terrorism, and learn the difference between his religion and cultural issues. Not that you should be converted, just know the facts from an avergae jo/mo point of view.
    He can not speak as if he were a terrorist be cause he is not one, he can not say why your media only ever show Muzzies in a bad light. Many holy folk in his religion do stand up, just be cause you are blind or do not see, does not mean it does not happen.
    If one chooses to profess their complete faith, they have to expect to be questioned. I am asking simple questions based on what he is claiming. You don't like it, tough! I do not think his is a radical, but I am pointing out how he feels one thing is right and then the next time says the complete opposite.

Islamic terrorism was around long before the USA did anything in the middle east. Has it escalated since the US involvement, probably. Would it have escalated on its own without the US involvment, probably so. All the US did was give them a new target.

Sandy Hook, please! I am not personally responsible, yet I do speak against gun violence every opportunity I get. Please note the difference between gun violence and not gun control!

Now let me ask you Barbar, you are okay with a religion that wants to either kill you or tax you for not believing in it?

The reality of religion is people believe in what they choose to believe. I do not attend regular church, yet I do believe in God. I have went to many different denominations and have never found one that fits me. The same could be said for those of Islam that choose this path. Kefah may be the same way, but I doubt it. The difference is, I am strong enough in my beliefs to NOT have to convince anyone they are wrong and threaten to kill or tax them for not believing. There are several issues that go against common human rights in Islam that I do not agree with, Sharia law being a big one.
    Don't worry zombies are looking for brains, you're safe...

Quote Originally Posted by ControlsInMT View Post
    If one chooses to profess their complete faith, they have to expect to be questioned. I am asking simple questions based on what he is claiming. You don't like it, tough! I do not think his is a radical, but I am pointing out how he feels one thing is right and then the next time says the complete opposite.

Islamic terrorism was around long before the USA did anything in the middle east. Has it escalated since the US involvement, probably. Would it have escalated on its own without the US involvment, probably so. All the US did was give them a new target.
    show me evidence that i was dodging
    Sandy Hook, please! I am not personally responsible, yet I do speak against gun violence every opportunity I get. Please note the difference between gun violence and not gun control!

Now let me ask you Barbar, you are okay with a religion that wants to either kill you or tax you for not believing in it?

The reality of religion is people believe in what they choose to believe. I do not attend regular church, yet I do believe in God. I have went to many different denominations and have never found one that fits me. The same could be said for those of Islam that choose this path. Kefah may be the same way, but I doubt it. The difference is, I am strong enough in my beliefs to NOT have to convince anyone they are wrong and threaten to kill or tax them for not believing. There are several issues that go against common human rights in Islam that I do not agree with, Sharia law being a big one.
    its my religion

and i show it to you clearly

Quote Originally Posted by ControlsInMT View Post

I am against all religions, that be said I am practical to know that most world has some type of faith.

Whilst there is religion there is also culture, and yes they can be intertwined.

You can either just say there are wrong or accept there is a difference warts and all, and learn if possible. Educate even better

Again you continue to make false statements, based upon Kefah answers, Taxes well all got to pay them, I could equally argue against tax free status that many religions get, which means I have to pay there share of tax, the same thing. If i am in their country then I will pay tax, when i am in your country I will tip (which i am against tipping as a standard)

I question to Kefah, do you tithe, (give money to your place of worship)?

Kefah can not speak for all muslims, only for himself, you ask him a question he has given answers. you choose to believe what he says is up to you.

Terrorism has been around, what label you put on it is not important, terrorism is terrorism. I could be a terrorist and say it is in the name Ronald McDonald, just because i say that does not make it true.

The point Kefah is making, is that those who who gods name are not actually doing under gods instructions. (as above)

There are many Islamic countries who are not as you think, so classifying all as one, in just an incorrect fact. I have a problem with those who class the mass by the action of few, and that is what you are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by kefah View Post
    show me evidence that i was dodging

its my religion

and i show it to you clearly
    you show what YOU THINK is clear, for people (infidels) outside looking in, it's not so clear.

You believe you're not dodging, yet you change the subject or re-direct the conversation when it doesn't fit your beliefs.

But thats ok, I understand your passionate about your religion. Just understand, I don't believe most are peaceful. I think they want to live in peace, but if the Imam says "riot" Muslims WILL do what they are told.
    PUB'S

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    you show what YOU THINK is clear, for people (infidels) outside looking in, it's not so clear.

You believe you're not dodging, yet you change the subject or re-direct the conversation when it doesn't fit your beliefs.

But thats ok, I understand your passionate about your religion. Just understand, I don't believe most are peaceful. I think they want to live in peace, but if the Imam says "riot" Muslims WILL do what they are told.
    And is that not religion to a tee. Is religion there to keep us in a permanent confusion?

When they do jmac..... there aint gonna be enough new yalk style 7 round mags in the world to stop them.

Might as well convert now...... while you still got a chance.

cue that funny noise those crazy b*stards make when they get excited....
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

And is that not religion to a tee. Is religion there to keep us in a permanent confusion?
    Heavens NO! people use religion to try and make sense of what is happening in there world. Leaders of religion use there position to try and recruit new members.

Some people are weak minded. (NOT DIRECTED AT ANYONE IN PARTICULAR) Some people NEED a leader that will direct them. Some people Like being controlled (cults for example)

Kefah doesn't need your help defending his religion. He's doing fine. He just needs to stop giving everyone the run around.

Many of us have posted direct quotes from the Qur'an, those quotes don't jive with what Kefah in trying to communicate to the rest of the world, so he simply says "no, I give...whatever"?

People try to justify their religion all the time, that doesn't mean we have to accept what he says
    PUB'S

Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst 123456789101112131417 ... LastLast