Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567891011121316 ... LastLast
Results 66 to 78 of 444
  1. #66
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,273
    Quote Originally Posted by ControlsInMT View Post
    So it's somebody else's fault and you won't stand up to them and defend your religion. Do you find it ironic that you want to punish someone that makes fun of your religion, yet do nothing to those that take your savior's name in vain?
    I think you are being unfair to the man, he is doing what most have asked for, (and it is not limited to him, just because you have not seen it, for what ever reason does not mean, it is not happening)
    I do agree with you on fundamental level on the free speech issue, ho ever by dictating your values onto those who are different, makes you no different to those who attempt to dictate to you.

  2. #67
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Helena, Montana
    Posts
    2,155
    Quote Originally Posted by barbar View Post
    I think you are being unfair to the man, he is doing what most have asked for, (and it is not limited to him, just because you have not seen it, for what ever reason does not mean, it is not happening)
    I do agree with you on fundamental level on the free speech issue, ho ever by dictating your values onto those who are different, makes you no different to those who attempt to dictate to you.
    How am I being unfair? I asked a simple question, he blames somebody else, so I follow up with another question.

    I understand that he probably cannot grasp the true definition of free speech and do not fault him for that.
    Don't worry zombies are looking for brains, you're safe...

  3. #68
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    18,209
    Yall are gunna make this dude say the wrong words and SAVAK (Iranian Secret Service) is going to kidnap him in the night.
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

  4. #69
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,273
    Quote Originally Posted by ControlsInMT View Post
    How am I being unfair? I asked a simple question, he blames somebody else, so I follow up with another question.

    I understand that he probably cannot grasp the true definition of free speech and do not fault him for that.
    You are pushing him into a corner, which only leaves him to coming fighting, then you will call him a radical,

    Well you blame the muzzies and ask him to take responsibility, will you accept that the USA through their actions caused Islamic terrorism.
    Do you take responsibility for sandy hook, and why did you not stop the guy.
    Finger pointing is pretty easy!
    You should be encouraging the guy, to promote anti terrorism, and learn the difference between his religion and cultural issues. Not that you should be converted, just know the facts from an avergae jo/mo point of view.
    He can not speak as if he were a terrorist be cause he is not one, he can not say why your media only ever show Muzzies in a bad light. Many holy folk in his religion do stand up, just be cause you are blind or do not see, does not mean it does not happen.

  5. #70
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    12,945
    Quote Originally Posted by barbar View Post
    I agree, the first was direct attack by one counotry on another, also a much clearer set of objectives, and was generally world wide supported.
    A job was asked to be done and it was.
    That got us 911 and the war in Afgan and the global war against radical Islam for the whole world. Thank you very much

  6. #71
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,273
    Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    That got us 911 and the war in Afgan and the global war against radical Islam for the whole world. Thank you very much
    911 maybe, maybe not (the crazies have always been there), the war in Afgan, is a western driven war, Afcans did not attack the US (if we exclude drugs), nor did the country even threaten. I am not saying that Bin laden and his band of cronies should not been hunted down, because they should, but by stealth, than big hammer. (in the way they actually got him)
    I just wonder if all it has done is increased the divide between the average people.

  7. #72
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    3,731
    Quote Originally Posted by barbar View Post
    I agree, the first was direct attack by one country on another, also a much clearer set of objectives, and was generally world wide supported.
    A job was asked to be done and it was.
    There are many countries that would invade their neighbors if the U.S. was not actively their ally. In the case of Kuwait, we told Saddam that "we have no opinion on your border to border conflicts" just hours before he invaded Kuwait. What a stupid thing to say. It was the green light for Saddam to invade Kuwait.

    IMO Bush Sr. should have had to answer for what April Gillespie told Saddam. But by that time we were fully distracted by Saddam's troops. Bush Sr. was so slick he duped nearly everyone.

    It kills me every time I hear someone blame Saddam for invading Kuwait. I blame Bush Sr. because he did not do his job protecting our oil rich ally.

  8. #73
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,273
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    There are many countries that would invade their neighbors if the U.S. was not actively their ally. In the case of Kuwait, we told Saddam that "we have no opinion on your border to border conflicts" just hours before he invaded Kuwait. What a stupid thing to say. It was the green light for Saddam to invade Kuwait.

    IMO Bush Sr. should have had to answer for what April Gillespie told Saddam. But by that time we were fully distracted by Saddam's troops. Bush Sr. was so slick he duped nearly everyone.

    It kills me every time I hear someone blame Saddam for invading Kuwait. I blame Bush Sr. because he did not do his job protecting our oil rich ally.
    Just a question, what happened to the political polls just after the war started. I know that Maggie,s rating increased at the start of the Falklands war.

  9. #74
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    12,945
    Quote Originally Posted by barbar View Post
    911 maybe, maybe not (the crazies have always been there), the war in Afgan, is a western driven war, Afcans did not attack the US (if we exclude drugs), nor did the country even threaten. I am not saying that Bin laden and his band of cronies should not been hunted down, because they should, but by stealth, than big hammer. (in the way they actually got him)
    I just wonder if all it has done is increased the divide between the average people.
    Funny you say that about Afgan. The Taliban rulers of Afgan actively supported and protected Al Qaeda and Ben Laden along with a few thousand terrorists in there camps being trained for future attacks against America and the West.

    Yeah real smart sending a Seal team into one of those camps on a suicide mission. That required an all out attack on Afgan to take out the Taliban and the camps which we did IMHO. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

  10. #75
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,273
    Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Funny you say that about Afgan. The Taliban rulers of Afgan actively supported and protected Al Qaeda and Ben Laden along with a few thousand terrorists in there camps being trained for future attacks against America and the West.

    Yeah real smart sending a Seal team into one of those camps on a suicide mission. That required and all out attack on Afgan and the camps which we did IMHO. Thank you, thank you very much
    No one said that the afgan,s were perfect and i am not saying that action should not of been taken. But how many soldiers and innocents have been killed, how much money was spent? How far has it got us? More outraged Muslims, More outraged Westerners and richer Arm suppliers.
    So when it comes to innocents, what makes you think that to them you are nothing more than terrorists, with your all out attack.
    So with you reckoning, if it was war, based upon the first iraqi invasion, then the victims of 911 are just causalities of war, and therefore is acceptable in war. (not that i think this).

  11. #76
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    12,945
    Quote Originally Posted by barbar View Post
    No one said that the afgan,s were perfect and i am not saying that action should not of been taken. But how many soldiers and innocents have been killed, how much money was spent? How far has it got us? More outraged Muslims, More outraged Westerners and richer Arm suppliers.
    So when it comes to innocents, what makes you think that to them you are nothing more than terrorists, with your all out attack.
    So with you reckoning, if it was war, based upon the first iraqi invasion, then the victims of 911 are just causalities of war, and therefore is acceptable in war. (not that i think this).
    No comparison what soever and you know it barbar. The victims of 911 were all civilians in the WTC and 0 soldiers or military. I'm sorry that the folks in Afgan don't have access to the media and understand what happen in 911 and thus may think we are invading their country for no good reason.

    They are partly responsible for it all anyhow. The majority supported the Taliban and were happy to have their terrorist Islamic brethren in power. A Greek philosopher once said "people get the government they deserve". I guess their religion had a lot to do with that also.

    So in the case of Afgan I can't see it happening any other way. Iraq is a different story of course and we really did screw over Iraq and I can't argue what Brian has said about that pitiful situation either. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

  12. #77
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    3,731
    Quote Originally Posted by barbar View Post
    Just a question, what happened to the political polls just after the war started.
    Didn't they go through the roof in favor of Bush Sr?.

    We hammer on Obama for not protecting Benghazi, why did the press let Bush Sr. slide for not protecting Kuwait? ...Because we all love a good war, especially when we think it is justified and we are going to be the heroes.

  13. #78
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,273
    Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    No comparison what soever and you know it barbar. The victims of 911 were all civilians in the WTC and 0 soldiers or military. I'm sorry that the folks in Afgan don't have access to the media and understand what happen in 911 and thus may think we are invading their country for no good reason.

    They are partly responsible for it all anyhow. The majority supported the Taliban and were happy to have their terrorist Islamic brethren in power. A Greek philosopher once said "people get the government they deserve". I guess their religion had a lot to do with that also.

    So in the case of Afgan I can't see it happening any other way. Iraq is a different story of course and we really did screw over Iraq and I can't argue what Brian has said about that pitiful situation either. Thank you, thank you very much
    I made it clear that I did not think the victims were casualties of war.

    Where do you get your data on that the majority support the Taliban when they were in Rule? You seem to imply that they run on the same rules as the US. Afcan, is in many ways backward, ruled by tribal leaders, the only thing that brings them together is foreign invaders.

    You know your history, should we have appeased Saddam, in the same way we appeased Hitler. Because look what happened then.

Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567891011121316 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event