Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    The majority attacks here are muslims.
    I am not make light of the terror that has happened, if you let the very few dictate (which they have done by infecting you with fear), then they have won.

You have more internal violent deaths, than you have internal muslim terror attacks, the fear is totally disproportionate. Are you being manipulated?

So looking at stats and Constitution, why not apply the same set of arguments you use for the non gun control .

The majority attacks here are muslims.
    Maybe, but you don't want to mess with the godless.

And who were those lowlifes that blew up the federal building?

They were home grown scum weren't they?

And let's not go into the lowlifes who shoot up schools.

You may want to check your figures.
    Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it's a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from. Al Franken, "Oh, the Things I Know", 2002

Quote Originally Posted by barbar View Post
    This not about respect, just a comment.

A suicide bomber must have unbelievable amount of faith in the afterlife and being able to reach it.

maybe that is why you will not see an atheist one.
    I don't think you should denigrate "faith" like that as if it was the cause of all evil.

Some types of faith can be a force for good too.

So lets not make out faith to be a weapon of mass murder.

Some atheists, such as some types of Buddhists, faithfully believe in reincarnation.

This gives them the strength and confidence to burn themselves alive in public places in protest against others.

Quote Originally Posted by thermophysics View Post
    I don't think you should denigrate "faith" like that as if it was the cause of all evil.

Some types of faith can be a force for good too.

So lets not make out faith to be a weapon of mass murder.

Some atheists, such as some types of Buddhists, faithfully believe in reincarnation.

This gives them the strength and confidence to burn themselves alive in public places in protest against others.
    I did not!

& Yes

I did not!

& Yes
    The post was ambiguous - it seemed more likely, to me, that you were reminding us that it is faith that is a major contributing factor to the causes of suicide bombing.

Faith seems to me to be equally capable of being a contributory cause of great good as well as great evil - it seems to be merely ampliative - then at the end of the day maybe all cancels out - back to zero - all things considered.

Faith doesn't kill people - people kill people.

There now tell us ho you really feel.

Of course, that did not happen.

Can we all not recognize the absurdity of it all? Muslims are running around killing people. They breed like rats, immigrate to other nations where they have rights. Freebies, food stamps and free housing. Then they start setting cars on fire and and blowing people up. That is what they do. It is a documented fact and not my opinion. Truth.

I know, most Muslims are peaceful. I am so sick of saying that I would like to rip off one of my rib cages and beat myself over the head with it. My best friend is of muslim origin, he may be a tad agnostic. He would not hurt a fly, I trust him with my life.

the Islamic community is breeding terrorists. Muslims, This is where terrorism comes from. There is an occasional nutter otherwise, but your daily terrorist is a muslin. We need to recognize the problem, reject these people, and stamp them out in any way possible. Boston, Fort Hood, 911, It is time to get rid of these murdering pr1cks. Muslims, go away.

The post was ambiguous - it seemed more likely, to me, that you were reminding us that it is faith that is a major contributing factor to the causes of suicide bombing.

Faith seems to me to be equally capable of being a contributory cause of great good as well as great evil - it seems to be merely ampliative - then at the end of the day maybe all cancels out - back to zero - all things considered.

OK "faith in their faith" that there is an afterlife, no more than that!

and yes

OK "faith in their faith" that there is an afterlife, no more than that!

and yes
    Faith that blowing up the enemies of their particular brand of religion or heretical members of your own faith will buy them an eternity of bliss is one thing.

self immolation by Buddhists, while causing no physical harm to others may also based on faith but is a totally different ball game.
    Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it's a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from. Al Franken, "Oh, the Things I Know", 2002

Indeed, but if the bomber didn't have faith that it'd get him a free ticket to paradise, he'd never buckle the bomb to his breast.

Sorry, couldn't help the alliteration. The wine made me do it.

anyhow, Faith doesn't kill people, people of faith kill infidels.
    Last edited by Slatts; 04-28-2013 at 08:33 AM. Reason: on further consideration

How many attacks have there been in the USA?

I am glad you are looking at statistics, use the above figure to work out your risk level by Muslim population. Does this warrant the distrust of a whole group of people. Are you just being manipulated into a hatred frenzy.

It would seem that you do not get any news that shows the majority in a positive, why is that? or do you choose to only watch news that put others in bad light.
    i am not say that we should not be aware, and yes we should focus on the ridding the world of the extremist ring leaders. Use of more covert and surgical attacks
    As a country thats pretty much what we are doing.The "frenzy" has passed for the majority. Surgical ie drone attacks seem to be en vogue now. I dont see America invading any Muslim countries anytime soon. Just like I dont think we will see Bush at any major political rallies any time soon.

But Muslims have a long way to go, to gain respect of the masses in America. And I believe that feeling is warranted.

duplicate post
    Last edited by glennac; 04-28-2013 at 10:26 AM.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them."
    Barry Goldwater

Good OP Tool. You smoked the defenders of Islam. The whole world is spending trillions on the the war against radical Islam from actually fighting them to defending themselves against them. Rather it be a simple sports game, port security, monitoring millions of suspected Muslim terrorist, additional police presents at every gathering of folks, repair material and physical damage from attacks, loss of freedom of movement and normal activity, delays in air travel costing lost time, sending our military on with limited powers of engagement (high risk to avoid killing their friends and family and expensive) to fight them in their sanctuaries etc., etc.

Then to compare this to the "secular" war in Northern Ireland is a joke. There is nothing religious about that war which is basically over thanks to compromise and agreements on both sides. That war was a war over centuries of abuse by the English on the Irish (denying of basic rights, land, etc. of the Irish by the English). The Irish just happen to be Catholic. No side was using the name of God in the war

The on going war in the Holy Land in IMHO was similar to the war in Ireland where Israel has driven the Palestinian out of their homes, boxed them in and in general made life as miserable as possible for them. In the beginning the PLO was composed of 40& Christians and Yasser Arafat's wife was a Christian (he only had one wife).

The whole world hasn't been turned upside down over those two conflicts. It is declared war by 5, 10% or whatever of Muslims around the world against us cannot be compared to anything else period is my point. Sure there are less than that in the US and more in Afgan or Pakistan but they are still there and if all these radicals don't take up arms or suicide vests they still support and approve of those who do.

Yeah I'm really tired of folks defending Islam by saying we are all the same. You all should just live under Sharia law and try and live without converting over to Islam. Then you can come back and defend Jihad by radical Muslims. Thank you, thank you very much

Last edited by glennac; 04-28-2013 at 10:32 AM.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them."
    Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by lytning View Post
    There now tell us ho you really feel.
    Some opinion guy on ABC just went off on Obama. 5 minutes ago. Chris Crock, I have the name wrong because I googled it and came up with nothing. Basically, he slammed obama for not even recognizing muslim extremism, muslim terrorism, obama will not speak the words. His point was you cannot combat it if you will even acknowledge it exists. I agree, and Obama is a cowardly president. I think we should ship his sorry butt back to kenya.

Muslims are murdering Americans, plus our occasional nutter, but it is typically muslims.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"Ain't nobody got time for that". Corny

Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast