Tracer Summit Database Sync

I have had problems in the past with Tracer Summit Databases getting overwritten by older databases. I am not sure how this exactly happens during the syncing process but I would like to know how to prevent it. I have some sites on a laptop, and the same sites on the jobs local workstation. Most of the time we work on the local workstations while on site. The only time we use the customers laptop is when we are remotely accessing the system. I have had problems with the older laptop database overwriting the local workstation database. What is the reason for this and how can I prevent this? What steps do I need to take so that I can feel confident when I connect remotely.

Thanks!
    J. King

Quote Originally Posted by apprentice3 View Post
    I have had problems in the past with Tracer Summit Databases getting overwritten by older databases. I am not sure how this exactly happens during the syncing process but I would like to know how to prevent it. I have some sites on a laptop, and the same sites on the jobs local workstation. Most of the time we work on the local workstations while on site. The only time we use the customers laptop is when we are remotely accessing the system. I have had problems with the older laptop database overwriting the local workstation database. What is the reason for this and how can I prevent this? What steps do I need to take so that I can feel confident when I connect remotely.

Thanks!
    When working with several sites from your laptop the best practice is for you to delete the site on your workstation and then upload when connecting to sites, this prevents any changes overriding the active database.

Quote Originally Posted by TGillig View Post
    When working with several sites from your laptop the best practice is for you to delete the site on your workstation and then upload when connecting to sites, this prevents any changes overriding the active database.
    Thanks.. That is what I was doing I just wanted to see if there was another way to do it as well. The uploads take forever with a modem. LOL

Thanks for your reply!
    J. King

What version of Summit are you running? You do not have to delete a site before connecting to a different site, summit uses update tags to check for changed data. The first thing that should be verified is the state of the BCU, if it's a BMTX or BMTW look at the dancing dash, if it's a BMTS look at the lights, green and red, they should be flashing. If the X or the W are doing anything except the dancing dash or the S has a solid red light the database/BCU has problems. In the case of database problems, the BCU will load the next connected database. How are you connecting? If there's a problem close all sites except the proper site before connecting, then find out what the problem is.