One of those days

Got to the shop early this morning at 6am, got dispatched and to the first supply house by 6:30, I was feeling good, picked up a new compressor, contractor, etc. left the supply house got to the job and hour later and realized they gave me the wrong voltage! But I blamed myself for not double checking, oh well, returned the compressor to a closer supply house and got the new one on the roof, recovered the gas and installed the new compressor and while it was vacuuming I lowered the old one off the roof and went to throw the comp in the dumpster and because of the way I was holding the screwdriver in the lifting hook of the compressor my hand did not let go of the screwdriver in time, I swear I thought I broke my arm. It hurt for a few minutes but I was ok. So on with the job, I finished the vacuum and it held so I Charged the unit, it took a little longer than usual to charge, So I started the unit up and finished charging it, than realized that the TXV was bad!! FML Ok so I ordered a new TXV, and before I put my tools away I realized that the 1st stage comp wasnt running right, so I threw my gauges on it and found it to be low on charge, I topped off the charge and planned on finding the leak when I came back, I went to take my gauges off and the Liquid line Schrader stuck open, I sat there and watched it blow the charge!!! Once it slowed down I was able to get a schrader removal tool on the and salvage about two pounds of the six pound charge. I went ahead and recharged the unit again and finished up for the day and headed back to the office, I was back at the office at about 3:30 which was early so I thought I would take advantage of this and finally get all my tools transfered back into my work truck that had been in the shop because some dumb A$$ ran into the back of it. I finally got everything from our extra POS van and into the truck at about 7:30, I decide to wash the windows and hose the truck off because it was dirty and I realized that the entire truck is covered in overspray from the Body shop. Im talking front to back top to bottom!!! I thought the windows were just dirty because it had been sitting in the back of the shop for the last week!! Seriously the worst day in a long time!!

Quote Originally Posted by crstephens83 View Post
    Got to the shop early this morning at 6am, got dispatched and to the first supply house by 6:30, I was feeling good, picked up a new compressor, contractor, etc. left the supply house got to the job and hour later and realized they gave me the wrong voltage! But I blamed myself for not double checking, oh well, returned the compressor to a closer supply house and got the new one on the roof, recovered the gas and installed the new compressor and while it was vacuuming I lowered the old one off the roof and went to throw the comp in the dumpster and because of the way I was holding the screwdriver in the lifting hook of the compressor my hand did not let go of the screwdriver in time, I swear I thought I broke my arm. It hurt for a few minutes but I was ok. So on with the job, I finished the vacuum and it held so I Charged the unit, it took a little longer than usual to charge, So I started the unit up and finished charging it, than realized that the TXV was bad!! FML Ok so I ordered a new TXV, and before I put my tools away I realized that the 1st stage comp wasnt running right, so I threw my gauges on it and found it to be low on charge, I topped off the charge and planned on finding the leak when I came back, I went to take my gauges off and the Liquid line Schrader stuck open, I sat there and watched it blow the charge!!! Once it slowed down I was able to get a schrader removal tool on the and salvage about two pounds of the six pound charge. I went ahead and recharged the unit again and finished up for the day and headed back to the office, I was back at the office at about 3:30 which was early so I thought I would take advantage of this and finally get all my tools transfered back into my work truck that had been in the shop because some dumb A$$ ran into the back of it. I finally got everything from our extra POS van and into the truck at about 7:30, I decide to wash the windows and hose the truck off because it was dirty and I realized that the entire truck is covered in overspray from the Body shop. Im talking front to back top to bottom!!! I thought the windows were just dirty because it had been sitting in the back of the shop for the last week!! Seriously the worst day in a long time!!
    This is a question not related to your bad day, but a compressor is considered hazardous waste and you threw it away in a dumpster???
    I see you are from California, and the green police haven't hauled you away for destroying our fragile planet?

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsma View Post
    This is a question not related to your bad day, but a compressor is considered hazardous waste and you threw it away in a dumpster???
    I see you are from California, and the green police haven't hauled you away for destroying our fragile planet?
    I drained the oil and dispose of the oil accordingly than than threw the comp away

wink wink!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

At least the compressor wasn't under warranty. I've done that once, toss away a compressor that our parts dept said wasn't under warranty, then our warranty dept called asking where the compressor is.