Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    right, here! in the heartland of the homeland!

Supporting the troops=Supporting the president's personal agenda!

If the troops have to support their president, whether he's a bigot, a tyrant, and or anti democracy,
    Then If the people dont support the troops, they automatically dont support their country and their president,????
    that seems kind of out of the context, or doesnt make sense
    It almost appears as if theirs a guilt trip laying factor, put on one, when supporting the troops doesnt mean one has to support the presidents agenda,
    theyre not one in the same, although the may mean the same to the troops, otherwise theyre considered to not be loyal to their country and president/dictator

So your wanting to go out to the airport and spit on soldiers...

The fact is that people don't support the troops. I think it's better to show that you don't if that's the case. I mean your total comfort zone sleeping in a warm bed and mental well being means more than a soldier offering to sacrifice his like instead of you doing it.

The indians should NEVER take the blame for their chiefspoor decision making. Unfortunately,management 101 says blame your subordinates first, and take no responsibility for piss poor decisions. I'll never blame a soldier for Bush's F'd up decisions. Today's management are cowards with no recourse.
    If everything was always done "by the book"....the book would never change.

Quote Originally Posted by smokin68 View Post
    The indians should NEVER take the blame for their chiefspoor decision making. Unfortunately,management 101 says blame your subordinates first, and take no responsibility for piss poor decisions. I'll never blame a soldier for Bush's F'd up decisions. Today's management are cowards with no recourse.

Bush hasn't made all the right decisions, but he did engage the enemy and didn't form a focus group and at least he didn't wage war on Waco Texas.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by smokin68 View Post

Since when have you war protestors changed? You guys shouted all kinds of vile crap at us and about us during the Vietnam war. Most of us have never forgoten or forgiven.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by glennac8 View Post
    Since when have you war protestors changed? You guys shouted all kinds of vile crap at us and about us during the Vietnam war. Most of us have never forgoten or forgiven.
    Don't even run that crap with me. I would never shout/spit or say anything derogatory about an American soldier. If you read my last statement, I don't blame the soldier's for the commander's mistakes!

I don't agree with the 'Nam war, and I don't agree with this one. I've talked about this with 'Nam vets, and they've agreed. Just because I don't agree with the war doesn't mean I'd disrespect a soldier. Get your facts straight.
    If everything was always done "by the book"....the book would never change.

Quote Originally Posted by glennac8 View Post
    Who is you guys??

Who do you know in here that did that.??

Roy
    "The perfect Totalitarian State is one where the political bosses, and their army of managers, control a population of slaves, who do not have to be coerced, because they love their servitude"

Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat. (President Theodore Roosevelt)

Quote Originally Posted by royc View Post
    Who is you guys??

Roy

James did it. He called Nam troops "low class" and thats why they lost. Glen didnt care though because james is also a nuthugger. So apparently it depends on your political party whether its ok or not to put down troops.

The people that took their anger about the Vietnam war out on troops, were idiots. A soldier doesnt have a lot of choice whether to serve or not, he just does his/her duty. If it wasnt for me being declared 4F, I would have been in there too.

Atrocities happen in all wars, the extend and prevention is the responsibilty of the people in charge, and the instructions give to a soldier before such situations arise. In both this Iraq/Afganistan and Vietnam war, we put our soldiers in situation we had no business doing so, and were not trained for.

Every President before sending any troops to war should read and well understand the book called "The Art Of War".

Roy
    "The perfect Totalitarian State is one where the political bosses, and their army of managers, control a population of slaves, who do not have to be coerced, because they love their servitude"

Frown

it is amazing how soon folks have forgotten what happened in new york in 01
    hussein,the iranians,afgans,the muslims all the terrorists,across all borders need to be taught a lesson.while i dont agree with all the decisions our prez has made,i am glad he was our leader during this time and not a dem.cause surley the dem would have conceded and let the terrorists have free reign and not done anything.all the libs were up in arms in 01 when the towers came down and all those folks lost their lives in n.y. hilliary and every one else supported bush to do something about it,but now they just want to pull out,not finish the job,and when we are attacked again,the libs will say"its bushs' fault for leaving too soon".send all the libs to the soviet union or the e.u.

The reason most folks have lost faith in Bush is because he spent very little time in afghanstan hunting down bin laden and cutting the head off al qaeda....he couldnt get into Iraq soon enough and threw nearly all his resources into Iraq against saddam hussein.

Bush pretty much cut and ran at tora bora....

I think as do many others that afghanastan has always been thrown into to the pot because Bush had to make an effort...and thats all he did... he made a small effort then cut and ran at tora bora.....then went on to his prize ...Iraq.

Anyhow... Bush has some time left....lets all hope and pray that something gets done before his time runs out...just going to be a major f up switching presidents in this "war" on terror.... If he is smart he will turn our soldiers loose...give them ammo and weapons...get the airforce and navy back into the fray....get medieval on those mofros....lol

We wouldnt have to go nuclear....but we do have the conventional capability to actually shock and awe the Iraqis into submission.... couple of million Iraqis dead in a week would send a message to those bastards... might make them chill out with the sectarian violence... even if it didnt it would be a couple million enemy insurgents...or possible insurgents dead and out of the way...lol

Quote Originally Posted by royc View Post
    Who is you guys??

Roy

I believe that you know who I was talking about. That is the protestors in general. They know that they can not get away with what they did back then today. But a lot of them would if they could. Now as far as who did that here, I can only say that you should read the thread “Kerry legislation would punish profiteers in Iraq rebuilding” Post 14 page 2. Read how greer thought that is was ok for Kerry to level “war crime charges” against soldiers in Vietnam with no evidence and only his word that he heard some other unnamed commie lover tell him about. It was perfectly all right for Kerry to dishonor Vietnam vets with no proof other than hear say and that was just fine with greer also. So I would have to wonder about greer. Would he also slander the soldiers who fought the good fight against the commies in Nam? The dems wouldn’t let us win it and they are doing the same thing now except they aren’t spiting on the troops face, just their deeds and sacrifice. They only show the bad and not the good.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast