Carrier 19XL Impeller - negitave clearance

I am putting a 19XL back together and I am having trouble with the impeller clearance. I have the service bulletin about setting the clearance. I take all the measurements to select the impeller shim thickness and I am coming up with a negative number. (-0.101) The bearing is fully seated into the transmission. I have checked everything 10+ times and I cant find where I am losing the clearance. -0.101 is way off and should be visible but everything looks like its correct.

Did you go by the proceedure in the teardown book and did you do the math correctly? Use a precision straight edge? Also , what was the thickness of the original shim?

Yes we tried both the teardown book and the service bullitans procedure. I did the math, I also had one of our top guys come and check it and he came up with the same numbers. We did use a precision strait edge. The original shim was 0.10

verifies adjustment thrustbearing

I found my error. Thanks guys

What was it? Enquiring minds want to know.

It was kind of stupid really. My depth micrometer had a foot on it to measure underneath. I knew it was affecting my measurement. I subtracted its thickness from my measurement when I should have added it. A clear head on Monday morning figured it out quickly and felt quite stupid.