Post Likes

ALC WebCTRL Integration.

We've taken over a contract with an ALC system. As the devices crap out, we're looking at replacing them with non-ALC controllers, via BACnet/IP.

The WebCTRL server has dual NIC's, one for the ALC BAS, the other for internet, which is tied into the customers Wifi.

Can the WebCTRL server be set up to use NIC 1 for the WebCTRL system and NIC 2 be used for BACnet/IP to the new controllers?

I know how to add another network in the "Connections" tab. I put in the IP address of the NIC but it doesn't seem to initialize it.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Post Likes
    Computers aren't routers so those two NIC's won't allow devices on one to talk to the other.
    Scott Jalbert
    WebCTRL ninja
    AX and Smartstruxure newb

The S in IoT stands for Security

Post Likes
    Curious: why not add new non-ALC controllers to same BACnet/IP segment as the existing ALC controllers?

4. Likes MaxBurn, VC139144 liked this post
    Post Likes
    As best I can tell, they are doing Arcnet for all the field devices back to the LGE?? Router, I think it's called, which is on the other side of the facility (huge building). We were hoping to hop on their Wifi with our BACnet controller and riding Wifi back to the WebCNTL server on that 2nd NIC card.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Synyster View Post
    As best I can tell, they are doing Arcnet for all the field devices back to the LGE?? Router, I think it's called, which is on the other side of the facility (huge building). We were hoping to hop on their Wifi with our BACnet controller and riding Wifi back to the WebCNTL server on that 2nd NIC card.
    Why not install a 5-port wireless router yourself, pick up the WebCTRL server and the LGE (an older version of the LGR) with their current IP addresses, and extend a range of wireless IPs to your new devices?

Just make sure you lock it up with the highest encryption said router can handle, set your allowable IP range to only handle IPs you set, and change the default root user/pass. Might want to clear with IT first, if they closely admin networks in this particular facility. Though if you're assuming you can jump on their WiFi currently, I get the impression they don't pay very close attention as it is.

7. Likes VC139144 liked this post