ABB ACH550 Firmware Upgrade

I have a number of ACH550 drives on site that we would like to connect in to our BMS via BACNet (mostly for read-only power monitoring) - the drives have been in a while, I'm pretty certain they will need a firmware update to enable smooth BACNet comms. What is required to update the firmware on these drives? I could find no info via the ABB downloads section.

Thanks,
    Chris

i thought these drive came with native BACnet... check parameter 9802 (COMM PROT SEL)... option 5 should be BACnet !!

Quote Originally Posted by exwtk View Post
    i thought these drive came with native BACnet... check parameter 9802 (COMM PROT SEL)... option 5 should be BACnet !!
    They do these days, but didn't many years ago. hence the need for newer firmware.

If you know Mike B. at ABB he could possibly help you out. Sent me a copy of DriveLoader and the firmware a couple of years ago. I'm sure they have newer firmware now. I had the same problem of older 550 drives with no BACnet, updated with the provided firmware and I was good to go.

kontrol out
    "Open is as open does." - Forrest Gump
    "Can't we all just get a Lon?" - Garry Jack
    "BACnet: integration or interrogation?" - The Janitor
    "Open protocols? You can't handle open protocols!" - Nathan R. Jessup
    “What’s that? Aaa… open protocols? Don’t talk about…. open protocols? Are you kidding me? Open protocols? I just hope we can hardwire an interface!” - Jim Mora http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7fjDS0jKiE

Thanks guys, i got in contact with an ABB guy, so I'm in talks with him. Unfortunately, like most vendors, they don't give out firmware and minor things like that to 'owners', only controls contractors - which has repeatedly bitten me in the arse, being a facility guy who does controls work in-house. Oh well, I'm sure we won't pay a stupid high cost to have someone come out and update the firmware - just will take longer than doing it myself.

whitedime might help....just saying.
    1 + 1 = 3 ( *** for very large values of 1)

...everybody wants a box of chocolates and long stemmed rose