Post Likes

Carrier CCN integration into Niagara

Recently I used a CCN driver to insert the Carrier points into a N4 Jace and all the points are now visible inside of Niagara.

I did discover the "LCW_STPT" and made it writable, however, upon commanding this point, the chiller sets this point to supervisory at 35 degrees. Is this point normally writable? Or do I simply have something misconfigured?

Thanks for any pointers.

Post Likes
    What is the Carrier model number

Post Likes
    LCW_STPT is a setpoint type point and translations sometimes go haywire on those. About 90% of Carrier chillers, we would normally write to CTRL_PNT which is the active water temperature control point at a 5 priority level. Level 5 writes show up as Remote Control force to a Carrier system, I even use CTRL_PNT for CCN controllers to write to the chillers. Oh, and the way most translators and 3rd party drivers work, you can't send a relinquish command to the point, you just have to keep writing new commands to it.

Post Likes

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by agibbstx View Post
    LCW_STPT is a setpoint type point and translations sometimes go haywire on those. About 90% of Carrier chillers, we would normally write to CTRL_PNT which is the active water temperature control point at a 5 priority level. Level 5 writes show up as Remote Control force to a Carrier system, I even use CTRL_PNT for CCN controllers to write to the chillers. Oh, and the way most translators and 3rd party drivers work, you can't send a relinquish command to the point, you just have to keep writing new commands to it.
    Thanks I will try this today.

and to the earlier reply, I have an Evergreen 19XRP

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by agibbstx View Post
    The actual point was/is located under the SETPOINT Folder and is called lcw_sp in this system. I should have tried to look elsewhere as I found the first thing that mentioned setpoint and tried to use it (DOH!). Thanks for the help. I now have my chilled water reset program functioning.